[jitsi-dev] Jitsi Videobridge: Selective Stream Control

Hi,

it looks like JVB forwards every media stream shared in a conference content e.g. video.

User A publishes Video -> User B, User C, User D will receive it

I would like to exclude a single User from a specific video stream:

User A publishes Video -> User B, User C (But User D is ignored)

Where does the “single stream input”->“mutliple stream output” distribution happen in JVB?

What would you suggest to accomplish that?

Best,

Andi

Hello Andi,

I don’t think we have the exact functionality that you’re asking for, but, in case you’re trying to figuring out how to implement it yourself (I understand you correctly, that’s what you’re asking for), you can try and have a look at our LastN implementation.

LastN is an integer, which can be set on a specific video channel. If set to N for a channel, only the video from the first N other endpoints in the conference will be sent to the channel. The endpoints are ordered by the last time they were the "dominant speaker".

You probably don’t care about the dominant speaker detection implementation and other details, but in there you can check and see how we “drop" outgoing streams. A starting point can be the LastNTransformEngine.java and the LastN related code in VideoChannel.java.

Best,
George

···

On 8 Jul 2015, at 6:33 am, dr.andreas.rice@gmx.net wrote:

Hi,

it looks like JVB forwards every media stream shared in a conference content e.g. video.
User A publishes Video -> User B, User C, User D will receive it

I would like to exclude a single User from a specific video stream:
User A publishes Video -> User B, User C (But User D is ignored)

Where does the "single stream input"->"mutliple stream output" distribution happen in JVB?
What would you suggest to accomplish that?

Best,

Andi

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev