[jitsi-dev] Jitsi Meet webcam resolution low on Chrome since build 791 (standard setup on Debian)

Hello,

Since build 791 the webcam resolution on Chrome is very low (640x360 or 320x180). Setting the resolution in config.js doesn't make a difference.
Using build 791 it was working (if i set "Resolution: '720' in config.js Chome tried to use it if the webcam was capable of it). Newer builds do not work this way.
Chrome selects 640x360 or 320x180 randomly (even using the same LAN, there is no bandwidth issues, in the same conditions build 791 uses 1280x720 always).
I saw that were modifications related to the .min.js files (on build 803 for example there is no "config.resolution" in any min.js file).

My own Chrome version I had since 2014 stopped working on Chrome. Video and Audio wouldnt come up at all, told me 'cant connect to local video or audio.
I upgraded and did a total installation last week in by deb server. Its fine on firefox's mobile and desktop but the Chorme's video or audio would't show me. The audio appears mute and video disabled from when you start the page, and when you allow video and audio, it wont still come up. Please I urgently need a guide.
Thanks guys

···

To: dev@jitsi.org
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 5:36 AM
Subject: [jitsi-dev] Jitsi Meet webcam resolution low on Chrome since build 791 (standard setup on Debian)

Hello,
Since build 791 the webcam resolution on Chrome is very low (640x360 or 320x180). Setting the resolution in config.js doesn't make a difference. Using build 791 it was working (if i set "Resolution: '720' in config.js Chome tried to use it if the webcam was capable of it). Newer builds do not work this way.Chrome selects 640x360 or 320x180 randomly (even using the same LAN, there is no bandwidth issues, in the same conditions build 791 uses 1280x720 always).I saw that were modifications related to the .min.js files (on build 803 for example there is no "config.resolution" in any min.js file).

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

My own Chrome version I had since 2014 stopped working on Chrome. Video and Audio wouldnt come up at all, told me 'cant connect to local video or audio.
I upgraded and did a total installation last week in by deb server. Its fine on firefox's mobile and desktop but the Chorme's video or audio would't show me. The audio appears mute and video disabled from when you start the page, and when you allow video and audio, it wont still come up. Please I urgently need a guide.
Thanks guys

···

To: Jitsi Developers <dev@jitsi.org>
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: [jitsi-dev] Jitsi Meet webcam resolution low on Chrome since build 791 (standard setup on Debian)

Thanks guys

To: dev@jitsi.org
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 5:36 AM
Subject: [jitsi-dev] Jitsi Meet webcam resolution low on Chrome since build 791 (standard setup on Debian)

Hello,
Since build 791 the webcam resolution on Chrome is very low (640x360 or 320x180). Setting the resolution in config.js doesn't make a difference. Using build 791 it was working (if i set "Resolution: '720' in config.js Chome tried to use it if the webcam was capable of it). Newer builds do not work this way.Chrome selects 640x360 or 320x180 randomly (even using the same LAN, there is no bandwidth issues, in the same conditions build 791 uses 1280x720 always).I saw that were modifications related to the .min.js files (on build 803 for example there is no "config.resolution" in any min.js file).

Use jitsi-meet build 791. That works fine now (i use the unstable version
though so you might try to use the stable branch maybe?). But this is
assumong you have the rest the setup correct.

···

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Abayomi Bamiwo <baa_yoo@yahoo.com> wrote:

My own Chrome version I had since 2014 stopped working on Chrome. Video
and Audio wouldnt come up at all, told me 'cant connect to local video or
audio.

I upgraded and did a total installation last week in by deb server. Its
fine on firefox's mobile and desktop but the Chorme's video or audio
would't show me. The audio appears mute and video disabled from when you
start the page, and when you allow video and audio, it wont still come up.
Please I urgently need a guide.

Thanks guys

------------------------------
*To:* dev@jitsi.org
*Sent:* Monday, February 1, 2016 5:36 AM
*Subject:* [jitsi-dev] Jitsi Meet webcam resolution low on Chrome since
build 791 (standard setup on Debian)

Hello,

Since build 791 the webcam resolution on Chrome is very low (640x360 or
320x180). Setting the resolution in config.js doesn't make a difference.
Using build 791 it was working (if i set "Resolution: '720' in config.js
Chome tried to use it if the webcam was capable of it). Newer builds do not
work this way.
Chrome selects 640x360 or 320x180 randomly (even using the same LAN, there
is no bandwidth issues, in the same conditions build 791 uses 1280x720
always).
I saw that were modifications related to the .min.js files (on build 803
for example there is no "config.resolution" in any min.js file).