[jitsi-dev] Jitsi main window becomes unresponsive if network connection is lost

Hello,

Today i experienced an internet connection outage for a few minutes. I have 7 accounts configured:
2 Facebook, 1 Yahoo, 1 GoogleTalk, 2 SIP (one is ad-hoc, so maybe it doesnt count), 1 Jabber.
So, i lost internet connection (i connect through router) so LAN connections are available.
The yahoo account stayed in the "connected" status, keeping a "snapshot" of the last status. The rest of the accounts seemed to enter the "disconnected" state.
The main window was frozen, although i was able to use the right-click options and menus from the tray icon just fine. But i had to restart Jitsi to get the main window working again.

Java used:

java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11pre) (6b24~pre2-1)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

on Debian 32-bit.

Here is what i think its relevant from the logs:

11:21:07.993 SEVERE: impl.protocol.sip.SipLogger.logError().112 Error from the JAIN-SIP stack: Cannot find listening point for transport UDP
11:21:07.994 SEVERE: impl.protocol.sip.SipMessageFactory.throwOperationFailedException().2324 Failed to create SUBSCRIBE request.
javax.sip.SipException: Cannot find listening point for transport UDP
  at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPDialog.createRequest(SIPDialog.java:2300)
  at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPDialog.createRequest(SIPDialog.java:2231)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipMessageFactory.createRequest(SipMessageFactory.java:681)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber.createSubscription(EventPackageSubscriber.java:124)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber.access$100(EventPackageSubscriber.java:29)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber$SubscriptionRefreshTask.run(EventPackageSubscriber.java:1299)
  at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:534)
  at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:484)
11:21:07.995 SEVERE: impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber.run().1307 Failed to create subscriptionTransaction.
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Failed to create SUBSCRIBE request.
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:2329)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipMessageFactory.createRequest(SipMessageFactory.java:685)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber.createSubscription(EventPackageSubscriber.java:124)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber.access$100(EventPackageSubscriber.java:29)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber$SubscriptionRefreshTask.run(EventPackageSubscriber.java:1299)
Caused by: javax.sip.SipException: Cannot find listening point for transport UDP
  at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPDialog.createRequest(SIPDialog.java:2300)
  at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPDialog.createRequest(SIPDialog.java:2231)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipMessageFactory.createRequest(SipMessageFactory.java:681)
  ... 5 more
11:21:13.185 SEVERE: util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().88 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[Thread-3654,5,YMSG Threads] and message was: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
  at ymsg.network.Session.sendPacket(Session.java:2592)
  at ymsg.network.Session.transmitIsBack(Session.java:1161)
  at ymsg.network.Session._doStatus(Session.java:269)
  at ymsg.network.Session.setStatus(Session.java:252)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.yahoo.OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.publishPresenceStatus(OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.java:402)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.presence.PresenceStatusMenu$PublishPresenceStatusThread.run(PresenceStatusMenu.java:287)
11:21:13.190 SEVERE: impl.gui.main.presence.PresenceStatusMenu.run().297 Error - changing status
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The provider must be signed on the yahoo service before being able to communicate.
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.yahoo.OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.assertConnected(OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.java:647)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.yahoo.OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.publishPresenceStatus(OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.java:375)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.presence.PresenceStatusMenu$PublishPresenceStatusThread.run(PresenceStatusMenu.java:287)
11:21:13.192 SEVERE: impl.protocol.yahoo.ProtocolProviderServiceYahooImpl.unregister().322 Cannot logout!
  at ymsg.network.Session.sendPacket(Session.java:2596)
  at ymsg.network.Session.transmitLogoff(Session.java:1179)
  at ymsg.network.Session.logout(Session.java:180)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.yahoo.ProtocolProviderServiceYahooImpl.unregister(ProtocolProviderServiceYahooImpl.java:318)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.yahoo.ProtocolProviderServiceYahooImpl.unregister(ProtocolProviderServiceYahooImpl.java:290)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator$1.run(ReconnectPluginActivator.java:568)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

···

--
O zi buna,

Kertesz Laszlo

Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

Hi,

thank you for the report I believe the problem that you describe is
now fixed in build 3864.

Thanks
damencho

···

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Kertesz Laszlo <laszlo.kertesz@infobenefic.ro> wrote:

Hello,

Today i experienced an internet connection outage for a few minutes. I have
7 accounts configured:
2 Facebook, 1 Yahoo, 1 GoogleTalk, 2 SIP (one is ad-hoc, so maybe it doesnt
count), 1 Jabber.
So, i lost internet connection (i connect through router) so LAN connections
are available.
The yahoo account stayed in the "connected" status, keeping a "snapshot" of
the last status. The rest of the accounts seemed to enter the "disconnected"
state.
The main window was frozen, although i was able to use the right-click
options and menus from the tray icon just fine. But i had to restart Jitsi
to get the main window working again.

Java used:

java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11pre) (6b24~pre2-1)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

on Debian 32-bit.

Here is what i think its relevant from the logs:

11:21:07.993 SEVERE: impl.protocol.sip.SipLogger.logError().112 Error from
the JAIN-SIP stack: Cannot find listening point for transport UDP
11:21:07.994 SEVERE:
impl.protocol.sip.SipMessageFactory.throwOperationFailedException().2324
Failed to create SUBSCRIBE request.
javax.sip.SipException: Cannot find listening point for transport UDP
at
gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPDialog.createRequest(SIPDialog.java:2300)
at
gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPDialog.createRequest(SIPDialog.java:2231)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipMessageFactory.createRequest(SipMessageFactory.java:681)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber.createSubscription(EventPackageSubscriber.java:124)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber.access$100(EventPackageSubscriber.java:29)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber$SubscriptionRefreshTask.run(EventPackageSubscriber.java:1299)
11:21:07.995 SEVERE: impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber.run().1307
Failed to create subscriptionTransaction.
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Failed
to create SUBSCRIBE request.
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:2329)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipMessageFactory.createRequest(SipMessageFactory.java:685)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber.createSubscription(EventPackageSubscriber.java:124)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber.access$100(EventPackageSubscriber.java:29)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.EventPackageSubscriber$SubscriptionRefreshTask.run(EventPackageSubscriber.java:1299)
Caused by: javax.sip.SipException: Cannot find listening point for transport
UDP
at
gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPDialog.createRequest(SIPDialog.java:2300)
at
gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPDialog.createRequest(SIPDialog.java:2231)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipMessageFactory.createRequest(SipMessageFactory.java:681)
... 5 more
11:21:13.185 SEVERE: util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().88 An uncaught
exception occurred in thread=Thread[Thread-3654,5,YMSG Threads] and message
was: null
at ymsg.network.Session.transmitIsBack(Session.java:1161)
at ymsg.network.Session._doStatus(Session.java:269)
at ymsg.network.Session.setStatus(Session.java:252)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.yahoo.OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.publishPresenceStatus(OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.java:402)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.presence.PresenceStatusMenu$PublishPresenceStatusThread.run(PresenceStatusMenu.java:287)
11:21:13.190 SEVERE: impl.gui.main.presence.PresenceStatusMenu.run().297
Error - changing status
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The provider must be signed on the yahoo
service before being able to communicate.
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.yahoo.OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.assertConnected(OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.java:647)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.yahoo.OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.publishPresenceStatus(OperationSetPersistentPresenceYahooImpl.java:375)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.presence.PresenceStatusMenu$PublishPresenceStatusThread.run(PresenceStatusMenu.java:287)
11:21:13.192 SEVERE:
impl.protocol.yahoo.ProtocolProviderServiceYahooImpl.unregister().322 Cannot
logout!
at ymsg.network.Session.sendPacket(Session.java:2596)
at ymsg.network.Session.transmitLogoff(Session.java:1179)
at ymsg.network.Session.logout(Session.java:180)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.yahoo.ProtocolProviderServiceYahooImpl.unregister(ProtocolProviderServiceYahooImpl.java:318)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.yahoo.ProtocolProviderServiceYahooImpl.unregister(ProtocolProviderServiceYahooImpl.java:290)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator$1.run(ReconnectPluginActivator.java:568)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

--
O zi buna,

Kertesz Laszlo

Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.