[jitsi-dev] [jitsi/jitsi-meet] RoomName as Url Parameter

Hello ,
It is my first post , so please bare with me this time and guide me if im doing it wrong.I started recently trying jitsi-meet and its wonderfull piece of code. One thing bothering me , is the need of navigation to a room , while logged in with an xmpp account . By navigation i mean changing url and reloading the page .
Is it possible to not navigate to a link with the roomName attached ?
I know older version of jitsi-meet had the " ?room=name_of_room_here" attribute without the need of jumping to another page and just pushing the history with the new room . It is possible for me to change to this kind of URL ? And if so ,could someone give me hint of where i can change this ? as files to look at and modify.
I've tried to read and search for keywords in the source code, like "href" , "navigate" , but its mindblowing intricate design to follow as coding . I really cannot find what triggers the reload page or where .
Any help and tips are welcomed .
Thank you in advance.
~Gabriela

Hi Gabriela,

Hello ,

It is my first post , so please bare with me this time and guide me if im doing it wrong.
I started recently trying jitsi-meet and its wonderfull piece of code.
One thing bothering me , is the need of navigation to a room , while logged in with an xmpp account . By navigation i mean changing url and reloading the page .

Is it possible to not navigate to a link with the roomName attached ?

No AFAIK. Even if you use the room= query parameter (which I cannot find an example right now, my search fu is failing) it would still trigger a page reload.

Maybe you can explain what you’re tying to accomplish and we can help you better that way.

Cheers,

···

On Oct 31, 2017, at 15:56, Gabi Raducu <gabi4alls@yahoo.com> wrote:

I know older version of jitsi-meet had the " ?room=name_of_room_here" attribute without the need of jumping to another page and just pushing the history with the new room .
It is possible for me to change to this kind of URL ? And if so ,could someone give me hint of where i can change this ? as files to look at and modify.

I've tried to read and search for keywords in the source code, like "href" , "navigate" , but its mindblowing intricate design to follow as coding .
I really cannot find what triggers the reload page or where .

Any help and tips are welcomed .

Thank you in advance.

~Gabriela
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

--
Saúl

(Please reply to the list)

···

On Nov 7, 2017, at 11:27, Gabi Raducu <gabi4alls@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply.
At the moment the jitsi-meet works the following manner :

You enter roomname on the welcome input field and then you are redirected to a link with this construct for the conference:

https://domain.co/pathname/roomname.

This of course triggers a browser navigation to that link.What do i wish to turn it into is having a link similar to the one below without need to trigger browser navigation and i wish i could manually trigger the reading of the roomname from that parameter:
https://domain.com/pathname/?room=roomname.

So far i am unable to understand where exactly the navigation triggers in order to stop it and me to make a function that initialize the new room with the value read from the url "room=" parameter.

My proposed method of setting the room gives the advantage of having a user connection to the xmpp server more stable without reconnection or losing credentials which i dont want to cache in order to keep them between jumping pages and also an easier integration with external xmpp components.

I see. Alas that’s not possible today. There are a number of assumptions in the code which consider each conference starts with a “clean slate”. For instance, after a conference ends we explicitly navigate back to the welcome page, which is a new page load.

The mobile applications don’t work this way, so we are getting closer to what you want, but it’s not a explicit goal that I’m aware.

As for credentials, note that you could use token based auth and pass it around in the URL.

Cheers,

--
Saúl