[jitsi-dev] [jitsi] Ippi.com error messages are not displayed while registering from within Jitsi (#87)

- I tried to register a new ippi.com account from within the jitsi program itself.
- I did Options -> Accounts -> Add -> Network:IPPI -> Create a free ippi account. I selected a proper username but didn't know about all the requirements about the password that are otherwise visible on the ippi.com website when creating a user.
- Those requirements (at the time of writing) are:
* username: Minimum of 6 characters, no spaces, only letters, numbers and _ character
* password: Minimum of 6 characters including one letter and one number - no special characters
- By chance, I had picked a valid username, but my password didn't honor the requirements.
- I hit the [Add] button, a short message "Connecting..." appeared for a short time and then nothing happened. The dialog stayed open.However, here's what's in the log

16:26:51.713 INFO: [49] plugin.ippiaccregwizz.CreateIppiAccountForm.createAccount().230 JSON response to create account request: {"success":"false","error":"Error","error_message":"Password has to be at least 6 characters with one letter and one digit (DVL 394)"}
 16:26:51.722 INFO: [49] plugin.ippiaccregwizz.CreateIppiAccountForm.parseHttpResponse().304 Failed Json parsing.
 java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
 at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.ippiaccregwizz.CreateIppiAccountForm.parseHttpResponse(CreateIppiAccountForm.java:286)
 at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.ippiaccregwizz.CreateIppiAccountForm.createAccount(CreateIppiAccountForm.java:233)
 at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationForm.commitPage(SIPAccountRegistrationForm.java:211)
 at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.FirstWizardPage.commitPage(FirstWizardPage.java:109)
 at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.signin(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:314)
 at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.NewAccountDialog$ProtocolSignInThread.run(NewAccountDialog.java:565)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)I repeated the above scenario this time with a conformant password, but non-conformant username. Here's the log snippet:-------------------- jitsi0.log.0 -------------------
 11:32:06.405 INFO: [164] plugin.ippiaccregwizz.CreateIppiAccountForm.createAccount().230 JSON response to create account request: {"success":"false","error":"Error","error_message":"Invalid login (at least 6 characters) (DVL 298)"}
 11:32:06.406 INFO: [164] plugin.ippiaccregwizz.CreateIppiAccountForm.parseHttpResponse().304 Failed Json parsing.
 java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
 at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.ippiaccregwizz.CreateIppiAccountForm.parseHttpResponse(CreateIppiAccountForm.java:286)
 at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.ippiaccregwizz.CreateIppiAccountForm.createAccount(CreateIppiAccountForm.java:233)
 at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationForm.commitPage(SIPAccountRegistrationForm.java:211)
 at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.FirstWizardPage.commitPage(FirstWizardPage.java:109)
 at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.signin(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:314)
 at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.NewAccountDialog$ProtocolSignInThread.run(NewAccountDialog.java:565)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)In none of the above cases is the user presented any message about why he can't register.

(Issue migrated from https://trac.jitsi.org/ticket/1112)

ยทยทยท

---
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi/issues/87