[jitsi-dev] Jitsi for Android


#1

Hi,

Do you know, are there any plans to develop a jitsi version for Android, so
that it could be installed on smart phones?

Thanks,
Mircea


#2

Hey Mircea,

We are currently working on this and very early versions (for fearless
alpha warriors) are available on our download page.

We should be getting close to a more usable and stable release relatively
soon.

Emil

--sent from my mobile

···

On Mar 20, 2013 11:50 AM, "Mircea Carasel" <mirceac@ezuce.com> wrote:

Hi,

Do you know, are there any plans to develop a jitsi version for Android,
so that it could be installed on smart phones?

Thanks,
Mircea


#3

Hey Mircea,

We are currently working on this and very early versions (for fearless
alpha warriors) are available on our download page.

We should be getting close to a more usable and stable release relatively
soon.

Great, thanks! - I will try it...
mircea

···

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org> wrote:

Emil

--sent from my mobile
On Mar 20, 2013 11:50 AM, "Mircea Carasel" <mirceac@ezuce.com> wrote:

Hi,

Do you know, are there any plans to develop a jitsi version for Android,
so that it could be installed on smart phones?

Thanks,
Mircea


#4

One more question...

For video support there are different levels of H.264 implementation, in
particular called AVC and SVC. I am wondering what are the capabilities of
the H.264 and VP8 codec built into libjitsi. ****

** **

http://docs.polycom.com/global/documents/whitepapers/more-scale-lower-cost-scalable-video-coding-wp.pdf

Thanks,

Mircea

···

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Mircea Carasel <mirceac@ezuce.com> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hey Mircea,

We are currently working on this and very early versions (for fearless
alpha warriors) are available on our download page.

We should be getting close to a more usable and stable release relatively
soon.

Great, thanks! - I will try it...
mircea

Emil

--sent from my mobile
On Mar 20, 2013 11:50 AM, "Mircea Carasel" <mirceac@ezuce.com> wrote:

Hi,

Do you know, are there any plans to develop a jitsi version for Android,
so that it could be installed on smart phones?

Thanks,
Mircea


#5

We support the main and baseline profiles for H.264 AVC. We don't have SVC
support (neither does x.264 for that matter).

I don't believe VP8 has profiles or SVC.

--sent from my mobile

···

On Mar 20, 2013 12:51 PM, "Mircea Carasel" <mirceac@ezuce.com> wrote:

One more question...

For video support there are different levels of H.264 implementation, in
particular called AVC and SVC. I am wondering what are the capabilities of
the H.264 and VP8 codec built into libjitsi. ****

** **

http://docs.polycom.com/global/documents/whitepapers/more-scale-lower-cost-scalable-video-coding-wp.pdf

Thanks,

Mircea

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Mircea Carasel <mirceac@ezuce.com> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hey Mircea,

We are currently working on this and very early versions (for fearless
alpha warriors) are available on our download page.

We should be getting close to a more usable and stable release
relatively soon.

Great, thanks! - I will try it...
mircea

Emil

--sent from my mobile
On Mar 20, 2013 11:50 AM, "Mircea Carasel" <mirceac@ezuce.com> wrote:

Hi,

Do you know, are there any plans to develop a jitsi version for
Android, so that it could be installed on smart phones?

Thanks,
Mircea