This pull request contains fixes for the following issues:
1. No error message in case of bad chat room name: Now throws OperationFailedException such that Jitsi will show an error dialog.
2. In case a chat room name is entered that is not prefixed by any of the recognized channel types, the chat room name will automatically be prefixed with '#'.
3. Test added for the case where the non-regular channel prefix is used (& instead of the typical #). To check whether it remains a recognized channel prefix.
4. Fix for inserting a large number of chat rooms in de UI chat room list during a chat room listing operation. This fixes at least the race which will result in thousands of exceptions being thrown because each discovered chat room is inserted individually and listeners are informed of each individual insertion. The proposed solution inserts all the chat rooms at once, then still needs to inform listeners for every individual chat room. This eases the problem at least, because all chat rooms are already inserted when listeners are informed. So no simultaneous modifications are happening anymore. (This modified approach should only affect chat room listings.)
You can merge this Pull Request by running:
git pull https://github.com/cobratbq/jitsi master
Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* Added TODO for timer task for clean up purposes.
* Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi
* Trigger error message by throwing OperationFailedException to explain
* Auto-prefix channel name with # if no valid prefix found.
* Add test with rare prefix to ensure that it stays useable.
* Fix for inserting large number of query results for server chat room
-- File Changes --
M src/net/java/sip/communicator/impl/muc/ServerChatRoomQuery.java (75)
M src/net/java/sip/communicator/impl/protocol/irc/ChatRoomIrcImpl.java (31)
M src/net/java/sip/communicator/impl/protocol/irc/IrcStack.java (3)
M src/net/java/sip/communicator/impl/protocol/irc/OperationSetMultiUserChatIrcImpl.java (14)
M src/net/java/sip/communicator/service/contactsource/AsyncContactQuery.java (35)
M test/net/java/sip/communicator/impl/protocol/irc/ChatRoomIrcImplTest.java (31)
-- Patch Links --
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: