[jitsi-dev] [jitsi-cc] ice4j - Build # 217 - Successful!

Hi Lyubo

Thanks a lot for your work on this!

I had a quick look at the pom and was wondering:
- The groupId: we have org.jitsi registered at Sonatype. I realise that ice4j has always been a bit more separated than the other projects, but I think it would be best to put it under org.jitsi anyway. What were your thaughts on this matter?
- Forked dependencies: from my experince so far, other projects put forks under their own groupId, i.e. for us org.jitsi. This way they can be uploaded to Sonatype without having deploy access to the projects' respective groupId. Again, love to hear what you think.
- Packaging: ideally we would directly create OSGi bundles instead of plain jars. There's a build plugin that automatically creates the manifest. See e.g. sdes4j's pom.

This all obviously doesn't really apply if we don't upload our artifacts to Sonatype/Maven Central. But I think we should aim to do that for our libraries.

Thanks,
Ingo

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

···

On 29.06.2015, at 02:16, Jitsi Jenkins <jenkins@jitsi.org> wrote:

ice4j - Build # 217 - Successful

Started by an SCM change

[lubomir.marinov@gmail.com] Adds Maven support.
   ice4j
   ice4j/pom.xml

No tests ran.

http://jenkins.jitsi.net/job/ice4j/217/
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/cruisecontrol

Dear Ingo,

Thank you very much for the prompt feedback!

- The groupId: we have org.jitsi registered at Sonatype. I realise that ice4j has always been a bit more separated than the other projects, but I think it would be best to put it under org.jitsi anyway. What were your thaughts on this matter?
- Forked dependencies: from my experince so far, other projects put forks under their own groupId, i.e. for us org.jitsi. This way they can be uploaded to Sonatype without having deploy access to the projects' respective groupId. Again, love to hear what you think.

Your suggestions make sense to me. I (wildly) guess we're going to
move ice4j from Google Code to GitHub under the Jitsi umbrella anyway.

- Packaging: ideally we would directly create OSGi bundles instead of plain jars. There's a build plugin that automatically creates the manifest. See e.g. sdes4j's pom.

I'll (try to) do that.

Best regards,
Lyubo Marinov

···

2015-06-29 1:24 GMT-05:00 Ingo Bauersachs <ingo@jitsi.org>: