[jitsi-dev] Jicofo Maven coordinates?


#1

Hello,

What are the Maven coordinates of Jicofo? jitsi-videobridge is in
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-maven-repository/raw/master/snapshots/, but
Jicofo does not appear to be?

Regards,

  Guus


#2

What are the Maven coordinates of Jicofo?

Jicofo is an application that no other project of ours depends on so
it doesn't live in Maven.

jitsi-videobridge is in
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-maven-repository/raw/master/snapshots/, but
Jicofo does not appear to be?

Jitsi Videobridge is an application as well but for the purposes of
testing Jicofo depends on Jitsi Videobridge so Jitsi Videobridge lives
in Maven. If it wasn't for this testing dependency, Jitsi Videobridge
wouldn't live in Maven.

···

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Guus der Kinderen <guus.der.kinderen@gmail.com> wrote:


#3

I see. That makes sense. None-the-less, would you consider adding it to the
Maven repository? I am developing a project that uses the Jicofo sources as
a dependency. It would be helpful to have those in a Maven repository. The
same thing goes for the Videobridge Openfire plugin.

···

On 7 November 2016 at 15:07, Lyubomir Marinov <lyubomir.marinov@jitsi.org> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Guus der Kinderen > <guus.der.kinderen@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the Maven coordinates of Jicofo?

Jicofo is an application that no other project of ours depends on so
it doesn't live in Maven.

> jitsi-videobridge is in
> https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-maven-repository/raw/master/snapshots/,
but
> Jicofo does not appear to be?

Jitsi Videobridge is an application as well but for the purposes of
testing Jicofo depends on Jitsi Videobridge so Jitsi Videobridge lives
in Maven. If it wasn't for this testing dependency, Jitsi Videobridge
wouldn't live in Maven.

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#4

Hi guys,

Could you please consider releasing Jicofo and JVB as maven artifacts? It
will allow third-party code to use your products as dependencies.

I'm currently building the artifacts from source, but I have to coordinate
what exact commit I'm using with the rest of the team, which is very
error-prone.

Since you guys already have a repository, could you add your projects
there? There's not much of a downside, I think?

Regards,

  Guus

···

On 7 November 2016 at 15:15, Guus der Kinderen <guus.der.kinderen@gmail.com> wrote:

I see. That makes sense. None-the-less, would you consider adding it to
the Maven repository? I am developing a project that uses the Jicofo
sources as a dependency. It would be helpful to have those in a Maven
repository. The same thing goes for the Videobridge Openfire plugin.

On 7 November 2016 at 15:07, Lyubomir Marinov <lyubomir.marinov@jitsi.org> > wrote:

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Guus der Kinderen >> <guus.der.kinderen@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the Maven coordinates of Jicofo?

Jicofo is an application that no other project of ours depends on so
it doesn't live in Maven.

> jitsi-videobridge is in
> https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-maven-repository/raw/master/snapshots/,
but
> Jicofo does not appear to be?

Jitsi Videobridge is an application as well but for the purposes of
testing Jicofo depends on Jitsi Videobridge so Jitsi Videobridge lives
in Maven. If it wasn't for this testing dependency, Jitsi Videobridge
wouldn't live in Maven.

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#5

Hey Guus,

Currently, on every build of jitsi-videobridge we deploy the snapshot
to the jitsi-maven-repository:
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-maven-repository/tree/master/snapshots/org/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge
Does this work for you, if we also add and jicofo snapshot there?

Regards
damencho

···

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Guus der Kinderen <guus.der.kinderen@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

Could you please consider releasing Jicofo and JVB as maven artifacts? It
will allow third-party code to use your products as dependencies.

I'm currently building the artifacts from source, but I have to coordinate
what exact commit I'm using with the rest of the team, which is very
error-prone.

Since you guys already have a repository, could you add your projects there?
There's not much of a downside, I think?

Regards,

  Guus

On 7 November 2016 at 15:15, Guus der Kinderen <guus.der.kinderen@gmail.com> > wrote:

I see. That makes sense. None-the-less, would you consider adding it to
the Maven repository? I am developing a project that uses the Jicofo sources
as a dependency. It would be helpful to have those in a Maven repository.
The same thing goes for the Videobridge Openfire plugin.

On 7 November 2016 at 15:07, Lyubomir Marinov <lyubomir.marinov@jitsi.org> >> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Guus der Kinderen >>> <guus.der.kinderen@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the Maven coordinates of Jicofo?

Jicofo is an application that no other project of ours depends on so
it doesn't live in Maven.

> jitsi-videobridge is in
> https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-maven-repository/raw/master/snapshots/,
> but
> Jicofo does not appear to be?

Jitsi Videobridge is an application as well but for the purposes of
testing Jicofo depends on Jitsi Videobridge so Jitsi Videobridge lives
in Maven. If it wasn't for this testing dependency, Jitsi Videobridge
wouldn't live in Maven.

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev