[jitsi-dev] Issue Report:

Hello,

Seems to be very obscure how to contact and get support and still haven't gotten an email back about being accepted to the Jitsi mailing list. Thought I'd try this since I don't really want to waste any more time on the issue. Is there any way to disable the unwanted Jitsi indicator icon that appears in the Ubuntu 13.04 Unity panel bar? When I close my application from the launcher bar I generally want it to actually be closed, not have to close it up top with an out of place icon. I tried to move Jitsi into the message indicator but it only launches and opens its own. It looks like a great program but I am partially OCD and the indicator is quite annoying since there is no option to remove it like I can with my other programs. Thanks for any help you mind providing.

···

--
[Please Consider Sending Files In�Open Document Formats�For Files That Require Modification Or .PDF For Files That Don't. I Am An Open Source Supporter And Do Not Use Microsoft Office/Apple iWorks At Home. ~ A Linux User]

Hey Joseph,

Hello,

Seems to be very obscure how to contact and get support

Our mailing lists are available through the [Development->Mailing lists]
menu on jitsi.org or:

https://jitsi.org/lists

and still
haven't gotten an email back about being accepted to the Jitsi
mailing list.

Subscribing to the mailing lists no longer requires an approval. You seem to have tried to subscribe to our java.net mailing lists though which we no longer use. Could you please tell us how you got there so that we can remove the wrongful links?

Thought I'd try this since I don't really want to waste
any more time on the issue. Is there any way to disable the unwanted
Jitsi indicator icon that appears in the Ubuntu 13.04 Unity panel
bar? When I close my application from the launcher bar I generally
want it to actually be closed, not have to close it up top with an
out of place icon. I tried to move Jitsi into the message indicator
but it only launches and opens its own. It looks like a great program
but I am partially OCD and the indicator is quite annoying since
there is no option to remove it like I can with my other programs.
Thanks for any help you mind providing.

Unfortunately there is currently no way to do this.

Emil

···

On 18.08.13, 06:23, Joseph Beck wrote:

--
https://jitsi.org