[jitsi-dev] Issue Report

hello everybody,

ISSUE
jitsi crashes when i do the following:
i click on tools ->options ->video

DESCRIPTION
i can see that jitsi tries to use the “manycam virtual webcam” driver (though the corresponding program ‘manycam’ is not running!) , instead of my real webcam but i cannot alter anything, since jitsi crashes instantly as soon as i click the video-tab.
if i deactivate the driver “manycam virtual webcam” via device-manager, everything is working fine. except for, i can’t use manycam any longer, that is…

SUGGESTION

wouldn’t it be better if jitsi ASKED FIRST, wich webcam to use, with maybe a manual switch to turn the webcam on/off, instead of auto-selecting & auto-activating? cause i guess the problem is, that jitsi tries to (auto-)activate the webcam as soon as i click the video-tab, the corresponding program (manycam) is not running, hence the “virtual webcam” is offline ->jitsi crashes.

i don’t need manycam to work in jitsi, i just want to be able to SELECT my real webcam for normal video-call usage.

SYS SPECS
OS: win 7 ultimate SP1 german - win-updates are up to date!
jitsi: 2.0.4506.10553 german

other installed software: manycam - virtual webcam software http://www.manycam.com/

i attached the corresponding log files.

greets

shiz

log.zip (19.8 KB)

Just tried reproducing this on OS X 10.8.2 and Jitsi 2.1.4523.10605:

* run Jitsi
* open settings > Video
* Click on the "Camera: FaceTime HD-Camera"
* get beach ball of death

Best, steve

···

Am 16.03.2013 um 21:21 schrieb Johannes Hudelmaier <shizak@gmx.net>:

hello everybody,
ISSUE
jitsi crashes when i do the following:
i click on tools ->options ->video
DESCRIPTION
i can see that jitsi tries to use the "manycam virtual webcam" driver (though the corresponding program 'manycam' is not running!) , instead of my real webcam but i cannot alter anything, since jitsi crashes instantly as soon as i click the video-tab.
if i deactivate the driver "manycam virtual webcam" via device-manager, everything is working fine. except for, i can't use manycam any longer, that is...
SUGGESTION
wouldn't it be better if jitsi ASKED FIRST, wich webcam to use, with maybe a manual switch to turn the webcam on/off, instead of auto-selecting & auto-activating? cause i guess the problem is, that jitsi tries to (auto-)activate the webcam as soon as i click the video-tab, the corresponding program (manycam) is not running, hence the "virtual webcam" is offline ->jitsi crashes.
i don't need manycam to work in jitsi, i just want to be able to SELECT my real webcam for normal video-call usage.

SYS SPECS
OS: win 7 ultimate SP1 german - win-updates are up to date!
jitsi: 2.0.4506.10553 german
other installed software: manycam - virtual webcam software http://www.manycam.com/

i attached the corresponding log files.

greets

shiz

<log.zip>