[jitsi-dev] Issue Report: Office 2013 and Jitsi no contacts available

Hey there,

I have been trying both 32bit and 64bit versions of jitsi but unfortunately both version have the same problem not showing up the contacts from Outlook.
I get the following error.

64bit: 12:12:12.305 SEVERE: [14] plugin.addrbook.AddrBookActivator.startService().201 Failed to instantiate net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactSourceService reason:MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT

32bit: 14:00:49.957 SEVERE: [13] plugin.addrbook.AddrBookActivator.startService().201 Failed to instantiate net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactSourceService reason:MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT

Any idea why?

Cheers
Heiko

Hello Heiko,

When starting, Jitsi checks that Outlook is correctly installed. To this, Jitsi looks if the path contained in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\InstallRoot\Path" registry is correct (the "14.0" string could by replaced by any other version).

This was designed for Outlook 2010, thereby can you tell us if you can find a similar registry for Outlook 2013 ?

Moreover, can you tell us if the log contains a line such as "plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactSourceService.<clinit>().103 Outlook 2010-x64 is installed." ?

Regards,
Vincent

ยทยทยท

On 9/5/13 2:02 PM, Heiko Friedrich wrote:

Hey there,

I have been trying both 32bit and 64bit versions of jitsi but unfortunately both version have the same problem not showing up the contacts from Outlook.
I get the following error.

64bit: 12:12:12.305 SEVERE: [14] plugin.addrbook.AddrBookActivator.startService().201 Failed to instantiate net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactSourceService reason:MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT

32bit: 14:00:49.957 SEVERE: [13] plugin.addrbook.AddrBookActivator.startService().201 Failed to instantiate net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactSourceService reason:MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT

Any idea why?

Cheers
Heiko

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

--
Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer
chenzo@jitsi.org http://jitsi.org