[jitsi-dev] Invalid DiscoverInfo


#1

Hello!

I noticed that Jitsi will send a constant flood of disco#info to a
contact running Swift.

While doing this, it prints the following debug message:

20:58:02.548 SEVERE:
impl.protocol.jabber.ScServiceDiscoveryManager.requestDiscoveryInfo().740 Invalid DiscoverInfo for http://swift.im#pJ08tv3HkOffBHvD6GSoLAzD7xw=: org.jivesoftware.smackx.packet.DiscoverInfo@917a193d

Here's the XML being exchanged:

<iq type=‘get’ to=‘swift’ from=‘jitsi’>
<query node=‘http://swift.im#pJ08tv3HkOffBHvD6GSoLAzD7xw=
xmlns=‘http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info’/>
</iq>

<iq to=“jitsi” type=“result”>
<query xmlns=“http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info”>
<identity category=“client” name=“Swift” type=“pc”/>
<feature var=“http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:sec-label:0”/><
feature var=“urn:xmpp:message-correct:0”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:1”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:apps:file-transfer:3”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:ibb:1”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:s5b:1”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:receipts”/>
</query>
</iq>

···

--
Kim Alvefur <zash@zash.se>


#2

Thanks for the report Kim.

We'll have a look at this one of these days.

Sorry for the late reply!

Emil

···

On 26.04.12 21:07, Kim Alvefur wrote:

Hello!

I noticed that Jitsi will send a constant flood of disco#info to a
contact running Swift.

While doing this, it prints the following debug message:

20:58:02.548 SEVERE:
impl.protocol.jabber.ScServiceDiscoveryManager.requestDiscoveryInfo().740 Invalid DiscoverInfo for http://swift.im#pJ08tv3HkOffBHvD6GSoLAzD7xw=: org.jivesoftware.smackx.packet.DiscoverInfo@917a193d

Here's the XML being exchanged:

<iq type=‘get’ to=‘swift’ from=‘jitsi’>
<query node=‘http://swift.im#pJ08tv3HkOffBHvD6GSoLAzD7xw=
xmlns=‘http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info’/>
</iq>

<iq to=“jitsi” type=“result”>
<query xmlns=“http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info”>
<identity category=“client” name=“Swift” type=“pc”/>
<feature var=“http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:sec-label:0”/><
feature var=“urn:xmpp:message-correct:0”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:1”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:apps:file-transfer:3”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:ibb:1”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:s5b:1”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:receipts”/>
</query>
</iq>

--
Emil Ivov, Ph.D. 67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead France
Jitsi
emcho@jitsi.org PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org FAX: +33.1.77.62.47.31


#3

Hi Kim,

Thank you for reporting this issue. This may be fixed by build #4022. Please give it a try.

Regards,
Vincent

···

On 05/08/2012 11:10 PM, Emil Ivov wrote:

Thanks for the report Kim.

We'll have a look at this one of these days.

Sorry for the late reply!

Emil

On 26.04.12 21:07, Kim Alvefur wrote:

Hello!

I noticed that Jitsi will send a constant flood of disco#info to a
contact running Swift.

While doing this, it prints the following debug message:

20:58:02.548 SEVERE:
impl.protocol.jabber.ScServiceDiscoveryManager.requestDiscoveryInfo().740 Invalid DiscoverInfo for http://swift.im#pJ08tv3HkOffBHvD6GSoLAzD7xw=: org.jivesoftware.smackx.packet.DiscoverInfo@917a193d

Here's the XML being exchanged:

<iq type=‘get’ to=‘swift’ from=‘jitsi’>
<query node=‘http://swift.im#pJ08tv3HkOffBHvD6GSoLAzD7xw=
xmlns=‘http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info’/>
</iq>

<iq to=“jitsi” type=“result”>
<query xmlns=“http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info”>
<identity category=“client” name=“Swift” type=“pc”/>
<feature var=“http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:sec-label:0”/><
feature var=“urn:xmpp:message-correct:0”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:1”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:apps:file-transfer:3”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:ibb:1”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:s5b:1”/>
<feature var=“urn:xmpp:receipts”/>
</query>
</iq>

--
Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer
chenzo@jitsi.org http://jitsi.org