[jitsi-dev] impl.protocol.jabber.InfoRetreiver.retrieveDetails().350 Cannot load details for contact test@myserver.com : remote-server-not-found(404)


#1

I have an XMPP server (OpenFire) setup at myserver.com .

myserver.com has an A record set up which is pointing to the IP of an
instance on AWS. If I visit myserver.com:9090 , that opens up the admin
panel of OpenFire.

In Jitsi, I'm able to add the account test@myserver.com , and it seems to
fetch my contacts. However, the contacts show as offline (even when they
are online), and chat, etc doesn't work.

In the console, I see this exception:

impl.protocol.jabber.InfoRetreiver.retrieveDetails().350 Cannot load
details for contact test@myserver.com : remote-server-not-found(404)

I've added the A record to the domain over a week ago, so I'm fairly
certain that DNS caching shouldn't be an issue any longer.

Any ideas what else the issue might be?

Before setting up the domain, when I used the ip of the server directly
rather than the domain, things worked fine.


#2

I have an XMPP server (OpenFire) setup at myserver.com .

myserver.com has an A record set up which is pointing to the IP of an
instance on AWS. If I visit myserver.com:9090 , that opens up the admin panel
of OpenFire.

In Jitsi, I'm able to add the account test@myserver.com , and it seems to
fetch my contacts. However, the contacts show as offline (even when they are
online), and chat, etc doesn't work.

In the console, I see this exception:

impl.protocol.jabber.InfoRetreiver.retrieveDetails().350 Cannot load details
for contact test@myserver.com : remote-server-not-found(404)

This is only for the VCards of the contacts and not conclusive of its own.

I've added the A record to the domain over a week ago, so I'm fairly certain
that DNS caching shouldn't be an issue any longer.

You did set up the SRV record for XMPP, right?

Any ideas what else the issue might be?

Before setting up the domain, when I used the ip of the server directly
rather than the domain, things worked fine.

Ingo


#3

Actually, I haven't, and I do see errors about SRV record not being found.
I will add it now, but the documentation I've found on it says that it
should be a domain name and port.

Which port should it be? The one used for server2server connections?

···

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Ingo Bauersachs <ingo@jitsi.org> wrote:

> I have an XMPP server (OpenFire) setup at myserver.com .
>
> myserver.com has an A record set up which is pointing to the IP of an
> instance on AWS. If I visit myserver.com:9090 , that opens up the admin
panel
> of OpenFire.
>
> In Jitsi, I'm able to add the account test@myserver.com , and it seems
to
> fetch my contacts. However, the contacts show as offline (even when they
are
> online), and chat, etc doesn't work.
>
> In the console, I see this exception:
>
> impl.protocol.jabber.InfoRetreiver.retrieveDetails().350 Cannot load
details
> for contact test@myserver.com : remote-server-not-found(404)

This is only for the VCards of the contacts and not conclusive of its own.

> I've added the A record to the domain over a week ago, so I'm fairly
certain
> that DNS caching shouldn't be an issue any longer.

You did set up the SRV record for XMPP, right?

> Any ideas what else the issue might be?
>
> Before setting up the domain, when I used the ip of the server directly
> rather than the domain, things worked fine.

Ingo

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#4

I've setup the SRV records, however now I see this error:

impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.connectUsingSRVRecords().897
No A/AAAA addresses found for _xmpp-client._tcp.myserver.com.

From a quick google, it looks like the A/AAAA records are to do with IPV6?

Will I be able to use the server regardless even without these records
being setup?

···

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Ali Akhtar <ali.rac200@gmail.com> wrote:

Actually, I haven't, and I do see errors about SRV record not being found.
I will add it now, but the documentation I've found on it says that it
should be a domain name and port.

Which port should it be? The one used for server2server connections?

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Ingo Bauersachs <ingo@jitsi.org> wrote:

> I have an XMPP server (OpenFire) setup at myserver.com .
>
> myserver.com has an A record set up which is pointing to the IP of an
> instance on AWS. If I visit myserver.com:9090 , that opens up the
admin panel
> of OpenFire.
>
> In Jitsi, I'm able to add the account test@myserver.com , and it seems
to
> fetch my contacts. However, the contacts show as offline (even when
they are
> online), and chat, etc doesn't work.
>
> In the console, I see this exception:
>
> impl.protocol.jabber.InfoRetreiver.retrieveDetails().350 Cannot load
details
> for contact test@myserver.com : remote-server-not-found(404)

This is only for the VCards of the contacts and not conclusive of its own.

> I've added the A record to the domain over a week ago, so I'm fairly
certain
> that DNS caching shouldn't be an issue any longer.

You did set up the SRV record for XMPP, right?

> Any ideas what else the issue might be?
>
> Before setting up the domain, when I used the ip of the server directly
> rather than the domain, things worked fine.

Ingo

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#5

Did you add '_xmpp-client._tcp' anywhere in the client? You need to keep the domain in Jitsi as it is (myserver.com) and it will automatically append '_xmpp-client._tcp' when using SRV.

Regards,
Boris

···

On 22/01/15 16:53, Ali Akhtar wrote:

I've setup the SRV records, however now I see this error:

impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.connectUsingSRVRecords().897
No A/AAAA addresses found for _xmpp-client._tcp.myserver.com
<http://tcp.myserver.com>.

From a quick google, it looks like the A/AAAA records are to do with
IPV6? Will I be able to use the server regardless even without these
records being setup?


#6

Did you add '_xmpp-client._tcp' anywhere in the client?

What do you mean by 'the client' here? This is what my SRV looks like:

_xmpp-client._tcp.myserver.com. 600 IN SRV 10 0 5222 _xmpp-client._
tcp.myserver.com.

···

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 22/01/15 16:53, Ali Akhtar wrote:

I've setup the SRV records, however now I see this error:

impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberI
mpl.connectUsingSRVRecords().897
No A/AAAA addresses found for _xmpp-client._tcp.myserver.com
<http://tcp.myserver.com>.

From a quick google, it looks like the A/AAAA records are to do with
IPV6? Will I be able to use the server regardless even without these
records being setup?

Did you add '_xmpp-client._tcp' anywhere in the client? You need to keep
the domain in Jitsi as it is (myserver.com) and it will automatically
append '_xmpp-client._tcp' when using SRV.

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#7

It should point to myserver.com (if that's where the xmpp server is), e.g.:
_xmpp-client._tcp.myserver.com IN SRV 10 0 5222 myserver.com

Boris

···

On 22/01/15 17:09, Ali Akhtar wrote:

> Did you add '_xmpp-client._tcp' anywhere in the client?

What do you mean by 'the client' here? This is what my SRV looks like:

_xmpp-client._tcp.myserver.com IN SRV 10 0
5222 _xmpp-client._tcp.myserver.com


#8

Awesome, that seems to have fixed it. Appreciate your help.

···

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 8:17 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 22/01/15 17:09, Ali Akhtar wrote:

> Did you add '_xmpp-client._tcp' anywhere in the client?

What do you mean by 'the client' here? This is what my SRV looks like:

_xmpp-client._tcp.myserver.com IN SRV 10 0
5222 _xmpp-client._tcp.myserver.com

It should point to myserver.com (if that's where the xmpp server is),
e.g.:
_xmpp-client._tcp.myserver.com IN SRV 10 0 5222 myserver.com

Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev