[jitsi-dev] GUI alignment problems


#1
*Hi Jitsi team,*

I often find GUI alignment problems like the on in the attachment.

Are you interesed in me reporting them?

If yes, what is the prefered way of reporting them?

Best regards,

Bruno

···

Diese E-Mail wurde aus dem Sicherheitsverbund E-Mail made in
Germany versendet: http://www.gmx.net/e-mail-made-in-germany


#2

Yeah, I've been seeing this too. Can't honestly remember if it was on
Windows or Android but probably Windows as on Android I expect I would
have been able to swipe up to scroll it. I think it only happens in
Fingerprint mode, as in your screenshot and as I was testing the
alternative verification methods at the time, I didn't make a note of
it.

Regards
Derek

···

On 29 November 2013 23:39, Bruno Mail <bruno.mail@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Jitsi team,

I often find GUI alignment problems like the on in the attachment.
Are you interesed in me reporting them?
If yes, what is the prefered way of reporting them?

Best regards,
Bruno


#3

I often find GUI alignment problems like the on in the attachment.

The OTR plugin was recently updated and I couldn't keep pace with the translation. You see this with the mixture of German and English in your screenshot. If this happens, either the translation is not complete (check http://translate.jitsi.org and maybe help) OR it is a bug (the string was forgotten to be localized).

Are you interesed in me reporting them?

Yes.

If yes, what is the prefered way of reporting them?

A mail here to the dev-list is perfect.

Best regards,
Bruno

Ingo


#4

Oh, forgot to mention that it should be fixed for German in build 4947.

Ingo

···

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-bounces@jitsi.org [mailto:dev-bounces@jitsi.org] On Behalf Of Bruno
Mail
Sent: Samstag, 30. November 2013 00:40
To: dev@jitsi.org
Subject: [jitsi-dev] GUI alignment problems
Hi Jitsi team,
I often find GUI alignment problems like the on in the attachment.
Are you interesed in me reporting them?
If yes, what is the prefered way of reporting them?

Best regards,
Bruno
________________________________

Diese E-Mail wurde aus dem Sicherheitsverbund E-Mail made in Germany
versendet: http://www.gmx.net/e-mail-made-in-germany <http://www.gmx.net/e-
mail-made-in-germany?mc=footer@textlink@emig.emig>


#5

I see something similar on the accounts page on Linux (jitsi daily from
a few weeks ago).

Regards,
Philipp

···

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 20:08:12 +0000 Derek Moss <dmts@stoptheviolence.co.uk> wrote:

On 29 November 2013 23:39, Bruno Mail <bruno.mail@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Jitsi team,
>
> I often find GUI alignment problems like the on in the attachment.
> Are you interesed in me reporting them?
> If yes, what is the prefered way of reporting them?
>
> Best regards,
> Bruno

Yeah, I've been seeing this too. Can't honestly remember if it was on
Windows or Android but probably Windows as on Android I expect I would
have been able to swipe up to scroll it. I think it only happens in
Fingerprint mode, as in your screenshot and as I was testing the
alternative verification methods at the time, I didn't make a note of
it.

Regards
Derek


#6

This is what I mean, with jitsi-nightly, built a few minutes ago.
Screenshot attached.

Regards,
Philipp

···

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 21:38:41 +0100 Philipp Überbacher <murks@tuxfamily.org> wrote:

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 20:08:12 +0000 > Derek Moss <dmts@stoptheviolence.co.uk> wrote:

> On 29 November 2013 23:39, Bruno Mail <bruno.mail@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi Jitsi team,
> >
> > I often find GUI alignment problems like the on in the attachment.
> > Are you interesed in me reporting them?
> > If yes, what is the prefered way of reporting them?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bruno
>
> Yeah, I've been seeing this too. Can't honestly remember if it was
> on Windows or Android but probably Windows as on Android I expect I
> would have been able to swipe up to scroll it. I think it only
> happens in Fingerprint mode, as in your screenshot and as I was
> testing the alternative verification methods at the time, I didn't
> make a note of it.
>
> Regards
> Derek

I see something similar on the accounts page on Linux (jitsi daily
from a few weeks ago).

Regards,
Philipp


#7

That form hasn't been changed for ages. Whatever problems you have with it in the nightly are very likely in the stable as well.

Emil

···

On 04.12.13, 22:15, Philipp Überbacher wrote:

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 21:38:41 +0100 > Philipp Überbacher <murks@tuxfamily.org> wrote:

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 20:08:12 +0000 >> Derek Moss <dmts@stoptheviolence.co.uk> wrote:

On 29 November 2013 23:39, Bruno Mail <bruno.mail@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Jitsi team,

I often find GUI alignment problems like the on in the attachment.
Are you interesed in me reporting them?
If yes, what is the prefered way of reporting them?

Best regards,
Bruno

Yeah, I've been seeing this too. Can't honestly remember if it was
on Windows or Android but probably Windows as on Android I expect I
would have been able to swipe up to scroll it. I think it only
happens in Fingerprint mode, as in your screenshot and as I was
testing the alternative verification methods at the time, I didn't
make a note of it.

Regards
Derek

I see something similar on the accounts page on Linux (jitsi daily
from a few weeks ago).

Regards,
Philipp

This is what I mean, with jitsi-nightly, built a few minutes ago.
Screenshot attached.

--
https://jitsi.org


#8

This is what I mean, with jitsi-nightly, built a few minutes ago.
Screenshot attached.

Fixed. Should be available in one of the next builds.

Regards,
Philipp

Ingo


#9

That form hasn't been changed for ages. Whatever problems you have with it in the nightly are very likely in the stable as well.

So a ticket should be created? Where is this view? When setting up jitsi for the first time without any accounts?

Best


#10

Hi Foss,

That form hasn't been changed for ages. Whatever problems you have with it in the nightly are very likely in the stable as well.

So a ticket should be created?

Yes, please.

Where is this view? When setting up jitsi for the first time without any accounts?

Yes.

Anyone interested in providing a patch?

Cheers,
Yana

···

On 05 Dec 2013, at 15:09, Foss <foss@openmailbox.org> wrote:

Best
_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#11

https://trac.jitsi.org/ticket/1228

···

Anyone interested in providing a patch?


#12

My last mail didn't seem to have made it through. The regression was
caused by the addition of ippi.

The sign-in window seems to be fixed size, the 8 boxes for the
protocols did fit nicely into that window. A ninth was added, and
something had to give.

Proposed fix variants:
a) increase window size, so that 9 or ten of those boxes fit. Simple,
but the problem would be the same with the 11th.

b) make the containing window and box alignment more flexible. May be
harder, not sure, haven't played much with GUI stuff yet.

It's stuff I might be able to do, but I haven't set up any dev
environment yet or even found the right source file.

Regards,
Philipp

···

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 16:07:54 +0100 Foss <foss@openmailbox.org> wrote:

https://trac.jitsi.org/ticket/1228
>
> Anyone interested in providing a patch?