As you probably know the GSoC selection process is now over and we are ready to welcome our new students:
Thomas, Aakash and Lishunyang, welcome to the team and get ready for one exciting summer!
A few quick words of advice and information to get you guys warmed up:
1. Make sure you subscribe to our dev list. This would be your primary means of communication. Also make sure that you have the XMPP coordinates for your mentor so that you can chat with them on a regular basis
2. Start playing with the code now. Officially coding hasn't started yet, but if you'd like to be productive when it does, you need to start tinkering now.
3. During the summer, we will be meeting every Friday at meet.jit.si. This way mentors and students will be sharing their progress and problems. During the bonding period we will be meeting these meetings on a bi-weekly basis because they would mostly be about getting to know each other and your initial questions.
The first meeting is going to take place on Friday May 2nd at 10:00 UTC.
5. We will be creating GitHub projects for each one of you, within https://github.com/jitsi
6. Your specific mid term and final objectives will come a bit later and can change during the summer.
7. We'd appreciate it if you guys could maintain blogs with your progress and (or) keep this list updated on how your are doing.
8. Questions are welcome!