[jitsi-dev] German translations

Hey

I entered a few hundred missing/wrong German translations into Pootle. Does someone have to approve them or what is the process now for integrating them into the application? I'm asking because there are several suggestions that should be approved as well as rejected.

Regards,
Ingo

Hi Ingo, Werner,

Hey

I entered a few hundred missing/wrong German translations into Pootle.

Great thanks!

Does someone have to approve them or what is the process now for integrating them into the application? I'm asking because there are several suggestions that should be approved as well as rejected.

Werner Dittmann was our primary contributor for the Germain translation up until now. However I see that you have now translated more than 300 strings that is more than everybody else, so I think that the best would be that you approve the suggestions yourself. If you have any doubts on a suggestion you can ask on the mailing list and discuss these with Werner. Werner are you ok with that?

Ingo, I've updated your permissions in order to be able "to review translations". I'm not sure if you should have any other special permissions in order to accept/reject suggestions..

Cheers,
Yana

···

On Mar 28, 2011, at 8:51 PM, Bauersachs Ingo wrote:

Regards,
Ingo

I just wanted to share. We had a meeting at the office about open source in general and creating a project. Of course we discussed the risks and pitfalls, and usual issues that end projects... But I used this e-mail as an example of how good open source projects should be run.

Lee

···

On 03/29/2011 05:20 AM, Yana Stamcheva wrote:

Hi Ingo, Werner,

On Mar 28, 2011, at 8:51 PM, Bauersachs Ingo wrote:

Hey

I entered a few hundred missing/wrong German translations into Pootle.

Great thanks!

Does someone have to approve them or what is the process now for integrating them into the application? I'm asking because there are several suggestions that should be approved as well as rejected.

Werner Dittmann was our primary contributor for the Germain translation up until now. However I see that you have now translated more than 300 strings that is more than everybody else, so I think that the best would be that you approve the suggestions yourself. If you have any doubts on a suggestion you can ask on the mailing list and discuss these with Werner. Werner are you ok with that?

Ingo, I've updated your permissions in order to be able "to review translations". I'm not sure if you should have any other special permissions in order to accept/reject suggestions..

Cheers,
Yana

Regards,
Ingo

Ingo, I've updated your permissions in order to be able "to review
translations". I'm not sure if you should have any other special
permissions in order to accept/reject suggestions..

Thanks!
I went through the list again and the translation should now be almost complete. Some words/sentences are still marked as fuzzy. Maybe someone else can verify them. Werner? Conrad?

Attached is a small patch that removes some unused properties and changes the title of the ZRTP configuration tab in Tools->Options->Security from "Call" to "ZRTP".

It seems the English base version in Pootle is also outdated as there are still many references to SIP Communicator whereas in the SVN version they're already Jitsi. Could you update it?

Regards,
Ingo

remove_unused_resource_keys.patch (3.69 KB)