[jitsi-dev] FMJ


#1

Where is FMJ being retrieved from for libjitsi? I've tried using the
fmj-1.0-SNAPSHOT, but I'm getting this error:

Jan 27, 2016 8:13:06 PM org.jitsi.util.Logger error
SEVERE: Failed to analyze an incoming RTCP packet for the purposes of
statistics.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
net.sf.fmj.media.rtp.RecvSSRCInfo.getRoundTripDelay(JJJ)I

Which ends up causing a cascade that crashes my server. If I knew where the
FMJ source that you're using is, I could at least build it myself.

Thanks,
Paul


#2

The source repository of FMJ is at http://sourceforge.net/p/fmj/code/HEAD/tree/.


#3

Hi Mondain, the source code for FMJ is here
http://sourceforge.net/p/fmj/code/HEAD/tree/fmj/. As for the problem you're
having, it could be that you're using an old build of FMJ.

···

-
George

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Mondain <mondain@gmail.com> wrote:

Where is FMJ being retrieved from for libjitsi? I've tried using the
fmj-1.0-SNAPSHOT, but I'm getting this error:

Jan 27, 2016 8:13:06 PM org.jitsi.util.Logger error
SEVERE: Failed to analyze an incoming RTCP packet for the purposes of
statistics.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
net.sf.fmj.media.rtp.RecvSSRCInfo.getRoundTripDelay(JJJ)I

Which ends up causing a cascade that crashes my server. If I knew where
the FMJ source that you're using is, I could at least build it myself.

Thanks,
Paul

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#4

I think that this is caused by maven pulling in the latest FMJ version (which lacks RecvSSRCInfo#getRoundTripDelay) for use in a libjitsi version which doesn't include recent commits to master.

You can get the previous FMJ jar here:
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-maven-repository/blob/master/snapshots/org/jitsi/fmj/1.0-SNAPSHOT/fmj-1.0-20151120.172418-9.jar

And you can fix the version by adding this to the fmj dependency in pom.xml:
<version>1.0-20151120.172418-9</version>

Regards,
Boris

···

On 27/01/16 14:43, George Politis wrote:

Hi Mondain, the source code for FMJ is here
http://sourceforge.net/p/fmj/code/HEAD/tree/fmj/. As for the problem
you're having, it could be that you're using an old build of FMJ.


#5

Thanks for the quick response guys! I'll grab it from sourceforge.

···

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 4:10 PM Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 27/01/16 14:43, George Politis wrote:
> Hi Mondain, the source code for FMJ is here
> http://sourceforge.net/p/fmj/code/HEAD/tree/fmj/. As for the problem
> you're having, it could be that you're using an old build of FMJ.

I think that this is caused by maven pulling in the latest FMJ version
(which lacks RecvSSRCInfo#getRoundTripDelay) for use in a libjitsi
version which doesn't include recent commits to master.

You can get the previous FMJ jar here:

https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-maven-repository/blob/master/snapshots/org/jitsi/fmj/1.0-SNAPSHOT/fmj-1.0-20151120.172418-9.jar

And you can fix the version by adding this to the fmj dependency in
pom.xml:
<version>1.0-20151120.172418-9</version>

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#6

Something is still amiss I'm afraid. I built the source from sourceforge
and it yields the original error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
net.sf.fmj.media.rtp.RecvSSRCInfo.getRoundTripDelay(JJJ)I
at
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamStatsImpl.computeRTTInMs(MediaStreamStatsImpl.java:345)
~[libjitsi-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]

Then I tried a build of fmj from here: https://github.com/Metaswitch/fmj and
it yields this:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/fmj/media/rtp/RTCPTransmitterFactory
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native
Method)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:760)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:467)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:73)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:368)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:362)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:361)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamImpl.getRTPManager(MediaStreamImpl.java:1831)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamImpl.createSendStreams(MediaStreamImpl.java:815)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamImpl.startSendStreams(MediaStreamImpl.java:2946)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamImpl.start(MediaStreamImpl.java:2835)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamImpl.start(MediaStreamImpl.java:2798)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
com.red5pro.webrtc.stream.RTCBroadcastStream$4.run(RTCBroadcastStream.java:254)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
net.sf.fmj.media.rtp.RTCPTransmitterFactory
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
ERROR java.lang.Throwable - at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

···

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 4:40 PM Mondain <mondain@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the quick response guys! I'll grab it from sourceforge.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 4:10 PM Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 27/01/16 14:43, George Politis wrote:
> Hi Mondain, the source code for FMJ is here
> http://sourceforge.net/p/fmj/code/HEAD/tree/fmj/. As for the problem
> you're having, it could be that you're using an old build of FMJ.

I think that this is caused by maven pulling in the latest FMJ version
(which lacks RecvSSRCInfo#getRoundTripDelay) for use in a libjitsi
version which doesn't include recent commits to master.

You can get the previous FMJ jar here:

https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-maven-repository/blob/master/snapshots/org/jitsi/fmj/1.0-SNAPSHOT/fmj-1.0-20151120.172418-9.jar

And you can fix the version by adding this to the fmj dependency in
pom.xml:
<version>1.0-20151120.172418-9</version>

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#7

You need to check out a previous revision (r105 is the last one to have these methods).

Boris

···

On 27/01/16 16:04, Mondain wrote:

Something is still amiss I'm afraid. I built the source from sourceforge
and it yields the original error:


#8

Ok, will do, thanks Boris.

···

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 5:10 PM Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 27/01/16 16:04, Mondain wrote:
> Something is still amiss I'm afraid. I built the source from sourceforge
> and it yields the original error:

You need to check out a previous revision (r105 is the last one to have
these methods).

Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#9

One last question though; why do I need to pull a specific FMJ tag to work
with the latest libjitsi HEAD?

···

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:29 PM Mondain <mondain@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, will do, thanks Boris.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 5:10 PM Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 27/01/16 16:04, Mondain wrote:
> Something is still amiss I'm afraid. I built the source from sourceforge
> and it yields the original error:

You need to check out a previous revision (r105 is the last one to have
these methods).

Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#10

You don't, the issue should be fixed in libjitsi master (I don't see any reference to the method you see missing).

Regards,
Boris

···

On 28/01/16 08:17, Mondain wrote:

One last question though; why do I need to pull a specific FMJ tag to
work with the latest libjitsi HEAD?


#11

I must have something mixed up, I'll try a clean and grab everything fresh.

···

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:07 AM Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 28/01/16 08:17, Mondain wrote:
> One last question though; why do I need to pull a specific FMJ tag to
> work with the latest libjitsi HEAD?

You don't, the issue should be fixed in libjitsi master (I don't see any
reference to the method you see missing).

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev