[jitsi-dev] feature request: cmd + w to close chat

Hi team,

minor feature request. cmd + w is the standard OS X shortcut to close the current selected window. E.g. when creating a new mail in mail.app a new mail opens in a separate window. If then pressing cmd + w that window is closed while the program remains open.

Request: I have jitsi running in single window mode (which I hope will one day be the default delivery status, since having 3 or more windows open for communication is hard to manage and very confusing and cluttering).

Expected behavior: If in single window view I have one or more chats open I expect „cmd + w“ to close the chat which is currently highlighted. After that chat is closed highlight the last used chat or the chat to the left or whatever and allow me to again use cmd + w to close that as well. This continue until the user is in a state with no chat open (identical to opening jitsi in single window mode without any running chats).

Current behavior: cmd + w does nothing.

Shouldn’t be too hard to implement. Let me know if you want a ticket created.

Best regards

I am currently using MacOS 10.8.5 with normal view mode (not single
window mode) - cmd+w works normally (closing current window of jitsi but
not the program)

so the issue is probably related to single window mode
(latest nighty build of Jitsi)

···

On 12/9/13 11:04 AM, Foss wrote:

Hi team,

minor feature request. cmd + w is the standard OS X shortcut to close the current selected window. E.g. when creating a new mail in mail.app a new mail opens in a separate window. If then pressing cmd + w that window is closed while the program remains open.

Request: I have jitsi running in single window mode (which I hope will one day be the default delivery status, since having 3 or more windows open for communication is hard to manage and very confusing and cluttering).

Expected behavior: If in single window view I have one or more chats open I expect „cmd + w“ to close the chat which is currently highlighted. After that chat is closed highlight the last used chat or the chat to the left or whatever and allow me to again use cmd + w to close that as well. This continue until the user is in a state with no chat open (identical to opening jitsi in single window mode without any running chats).

Current behavior: cmd + w does nothing.

Shouldn’t be too hard to implement. Let me know if you want a ticket created.

Best regards
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

https://trac.jitsi.org/ticket/1233

has been created. hope someone can look into this.

···

Am 09.12.2013 um 11:12 schrieb Mr.Smith <mr.smith476@gmail.com>:

Signierter PGP Teil
I am currently using MacOS 10.8.5 with normal view mode (not single
window mode) - cmd+w works normally (closing current window of jitsi but
not the program)

so the issue is probably related to single window mode
(latest nighty build of Jitsi)

On 12/9/13 11:04 AM, Foss wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> minor feature request. cmd + w is the standard OS X shortcut to close the current selected window. E.g. when creating a new mail in mail.app a new mail opens in a separate window. If then pressing cmd + w that window is closed while the program remains open.
>
> Request: I have jitsi running in single window mode (which I hope will one day be the default delivery status, since having 3 or more windows open for communication is hard to manage and very confusing and cluttering).
>
> Expected behavior: If in single window view I have one or more chats open I expect „cmd + w“ to close the chat which is currently highlighted. After that chat is closed highlight the last used chat or the chat to the left or whatever and allow me to again use cmd + w to close that as well. This continue until the user is in a state with no chat open (identical to opening jitsi in single window mode without any running chats).
>
> Current behavior: cmd + w does nothing.
>
> Shouldn’t be too hard to implement. Let me know if you want a ticket created.
>
> Best regards
> _______________________________________________
> dev mailing list
> dev@jitsi.org
> Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
> http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev