[jitsi-dev] Failure to inform the correct status of "Remote Hold" with sdp attribute (a=)

I believe this issue has been lingering in Jitsi for a while.

The following function in source file net.java.sip.communicator.impl.prototol.sip.sdp,SdeUitils is not reading the correct set of sdp attributes (i.e. 'm=' vs. 'a=')

public static MediaDirection getDirection( MediaDescription mediaDesc )
    {
        @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") // legacy code from jain-sdp
        Vector<Attribute> attributes = mediaDesc.getAttributes(false);

Should be re-written as such:

public static MediaDirection getDirection( SessionDescription sdp )
        {
        @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") // legacy code from jain-sdp
        Vector<Attribute> attributes = sdp.getAttributes(false);

Oren Forer
Engineer - Junction Networks
sip:oren@junctionnetworks.com
212-933-9190 x 7021

Dear all,

1. status info going crazy
now that my own status is working fine, here's the next problem: Status info is going crazy for one of my contacts. I'm on jabber and he's on gmail (XMPP).

This is what the problem looks like: http://d.pr/i/qXxc

You see that in not even 2 seconds I get 7 status infos. Amazing is the number in itself, but what's also puzzling, is the fact that you can see the same status twice. Not sure how that can happen at all.

This is happening sporadic. Not sure what's causing this. We might chat for 10 minutes and then I get 10 status updates all over the place and we continue the chat.

2. different font size in chat

also note, that for whatever reason there are different font sizes used in the chat. I was not able to determine any pattern behind that. but it keeps showing up. Doesn't look too nice.

Maybe you can spot what might be causing those two problems,
Best :slight_smile:
steve

Any news on this?

Can anybody confirm this? Only on OS X or do other platforms show the same oddities?

Best,
steve

···

Am 02.10.2012 um 21:51 schrieb Steve <stevebell@gulli.com>:

Dear all,

now that my own status is working fine, here's the next problem: Status info is going crazy for one of my contacts. I'm on jabber and he's on gmail (XMPP).

You see that in not even 2 seconds I get 7 status infos. Amazing is the number in itself, but what's also puzzling, is the fact that you can see the same status twice. Not sure how that can happen at all.

This is happening sporadic. Not sure what's causing this. We might chat for 10 minutes and then I get 10 status updates all over the place and we continue the chat.

also note, that for whatever reason there are different font sizes used in the chat. I was not able to determine any pattern behind that. but it keeps showing up. Doesn't look too nice.

steve

Affirmative for different font sizes in the chat windows. Often happen after receiving files/pictures. (OS X with 1.1-nightly.build.4224)

Kind regards
Walter

···

On 4 Oct 2012, at 15:17, Steve wrote:

Any news on this?

Can anybody confirm this? Only on OS X or do other platforms show the same oddities?

Best,
steve

Dear all,

steve

Hey Steve, Walter,

Thanks for reporting!

I'll have a look.

Yana

···

On Oct 4, 2012, at 10:29 AM, Walter Kreutzner wrote:

Affirmative for different font sizes in the chat windows. Often happen after receiving files/pictures. (OS X with 1.1-nightly.build.4224)

Kind regards
Walter

Any news on this?

Best,
steve

Dear all,

steve

Yana, were you able to pin this down?

···

Am 04.10.2012 um 16:03 schrieb Yana Stamcheva <yana@jitsi.org>:

Hey Steve, Walter,

Thanks for reporting!

I'll have a look.

Yana

Kind regards
Walter

Any news on this?

Best,
steve

Dear all,

steve

Not sure what's causing this but I can't make any calls with the latest nightly 1.1-nightly.build.4257.

I'm signed up via a jabber.org account. And recipient is on a jabber.org account as well.

Is this expected? Maybe only jit.si to jit.si jabber audio is possible? Could this be tweaked if that's the case? Sorry, if this question is obvious to many. I'm a bit confused.

When I know what 's up with this I can provide more details / logs you name it…

Best,
steve

Hi Steve,

Not yet, sorry.

However I'm preparing a commit with some modifications in the chat window, so will let you know to give it a try and see if the different font size issue is persisting.

Cheers,
Yana

···

On Oct 7, 2012, at 8:00 PM, Steve <stevebell@gulli.com> wrote:

Hey Steve, Walter,

Thanks for reporting!

I'll have a look.

Yana

Kind regards
Walter

Any news on this?

Best,
steve

Dear all,

steve

Yana,

another ping about this issue. Has the commit with the chat window modifications been done already?

I still see different font sizes for what I'm writing and what my contact is writing (contacts words are displayed bigger than what I'm writing). Still can't see any pattern doesn't happen always but often.

Latest OS X and latest jitsi nightly.

For the status info going crazy: this problem seems to have disappeared. I've asked my contact if there where any changes on his part but he said no. Not sure what to make of this.

Enjoy your sunday :slight_smile:
steve

···

Am 09.10.2012 um 14:51 schrieb Yana Stamcheva <yana@jitsi.org>:

Hi Steve,

Not yet, sorry.

However I'm preparing a commit with some modifications in the chat window, so will let you know to give it a try and see if the different font size issue is persisting.

Cheers,
Yana

Hey Steve, Walter,

Thanks for reporting!

I'll have a look.

Yana

Kind regards
Walter

Any news on this?

Best,
steve

Dear all,

steve

Hey all,

have not received any nightlies lately on OS X. Is this expected or a glitch with the new versioning, changed lately?

I have 1.1.4269.9979.

Best,
steve

Hi Steve,

Yana,

another ping about this issue. Has the commit with the chat window modifications been done already?

I still see different font sizes for what I'm writing and what my contact is writing (contacts words are displayed bigger than what I'm writing). Still can't see any pattern doesn't happen always but often.

I've committed some fixes in the chat window lately, but haven't tracked the font problem for now. Could you please try the latest nightly and see if it persists?

For the status info going crazy: this problem seems to have disappeared. I've asked my contact if there where any changes on his part but he said no. Not sure what to make of this.

If you experience it again, we'll need some logs.

Cheers,
Yana

···

On Oct 21, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Steve <stevebell@gulli.com> wrote:

steve

Hi Steve,

Not yet, sorry.

Cheers,
Yana

Hey Steve, Walter,

Thanks for reporting!

I'll have a look.

Yana

Kind regards
Walter

Any news on this?

Best,
steve

Dear all,

steve

Argh!

just as I'm typing that I'm off to be, the reply comes up in a font bigger than the rest of the chat. grr!

http://cl.ly/image/1p2f2S2z0g3d

steve

···

Am 21.10.2012 um 12:44 schrieb Steve <stevebell@gulli.com>:

Yana,

steve

Hi Steve,

Not yet, sorry.

Cheers,
Yana

Hey Steve, Walter,

Thanks for reporting!

I'll have a look.

Yana

Kind regards
Walter

Any news on this?

Best,
steve

Dear all,

steve

Hey Steve,

···

On 22.10.12, 22:28, Steve wrote:

Hey all,

have not received any nightlies lately on OS X. Is this expected or a
glitch with the new versioning, changed lately?

I have 1.1.4269.9979.

The version change broke updates so you need to manually upgrade to one
of the newer versions and everything will then be back to normal.

Cheers,
Emil

--
https://jitsi.org

ok, I'm now on the latest nightly and both problems seem to have vanished. Should they reappear, I'll let you know.

good night :slight_smile:

···

Am 22.10.2012 um 22:46 schrieb Yana Stamcheva <yana@jitsi.org>:

Hi Steve,

On Oct 21, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Steve <stevebell@gulli.com> wrote:

Yana,

I've committed some fixes in the chat window lately, but haven't tracked the font problem for now. Could you please try the latest nightly and see if it persists?

If you experience it again, we'll need some logs.

Cheers,
Yana

steve

Hi Steve,

Not yet, sorry.

Cheers,
Yana

Hey Steve, Walter,

Thanks for reporting!

I'll have a look.

Yana

Kind regards
Walter

Any news on this?

Best,
steve

Dear all,

steve

*Hi everyone !
We ( Adrien Ghosn and Damien Engels) think we've found a bug and a way to fix it in the code.

General description :
When you try to register a new account, but make an error (forgot to fill a field or try to register an account that already exists) the window load an error message which causes its size and location to change in a strange way (big size and relocated at the top of the screen).

Wrong behaviour:

Normal behaviour:

Explanation of the bug:
The bug is in the class net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.NewAccountDialog, more specifically in the method "loadErrorMessage(String errorMessage)". The adding of the errorPanel and the display of the error message caused the size to change too much, and the pack() call in the method did not seem to fix this. After some investigations we found that the size changing was due to this line:

-> errorMessagePane.setText(errorMessage);

so we moved the call to pack() after this line which fixed the problem with the size of the frame.
This brought up another issue; there was an uncaught NullPointerException that was launched by one the awt-EventQueue Thread, this is because the "loadErrorMessage" method was called by the run method of a Thread that was not the awt-Thread which caused some concurrency problems (repaint of an only partially initialized component object). We fixed this by encapsulating the repaint (and others) call in a Runnable for the awt-Thread to be called.

This is the resulting code that fixes the bug:

private void loadErrorMessage(final String errorMessage)
    {
        if (errorMessagePane == null)
        {
            errorMessagePane = new JTextArea();
            errorMessagePane.setLineWrap(true);
            errorMessagePane.setWrapStyleWord(true);
            errorMessagePane.setOpaque(false);
            errorMessagePane.setForeground(Color.RED);

accountPanel.add(errorMessagePane, BorderLayout.NORTH);
        }

SwingUtilities.invokeLater(new Runnable()
        {

public void run()
            {
                errorMessagePane.setText(errorMessage);
                if (isVisible())
                    pack();
                accountPanel.revalidate();
                accountPanel.repaint();

}
        });

}

We ran the tests and everything works (get same results with and without the modifications).
Should we create a new issue and attach the modified java class to it ?*

kF3VpApcMVdp-qaUm0GJRt5o_6IoU_5jHakxSYGe6zae24ur4lZ42VFdq5tjzGcLCJn7Cxvc6RZmccG2qvbPuC6eUzoYTXqKCJCXLzNBqlUm5tx9Z_BR (20.5 KB)

rDjFPrbkY76tTT73tlT2d6dilRKk7ytUJyFDUNKqjOs6rP0b3DFvME_2twhVxA9mOtiuES_uJH4CJ8x3GPbbNR1iaW43i3UsUZJPPKqR2iMJqvuV5q7o (28.7 KB)

NewAccountDialog.java (21.1 KB)