[jitsi-dev] Failed to create call when calling from Jitsi to Gmail web plugin

I tried calling from Jitsi to a google account that was logged in to the web page (chromium and opera, with the talk plugin set up properly, both browsers same result). Jitsi build 3584 (both computers Debian 32-bit). Computers on separate net connections.

I have all ICE options enabled in Jitsi, but enabling only the Google talk ICE option led to the same results. I have the following codecs enabled - speex, PCMU, G722.

Calling from the web plugin -> jitsi, the call works - from the bandwidth usage, probably with the the PCMU codec (~10 KB up/down).

Calling from jitsi -> web plugin an error message appears - "Failed to create call" with the below detailed error message:

net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Failed to create a call
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:374)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:191)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:135)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.call.CallManager$CreateCallThread.run(CallManager.java:1033)
Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError
  at java.net.InetSocketAddress.equals(InetSocketAddress.java:283)
  at org.ice4j.TransportAddress.equalsTransportAddress(TransportAddress.java:203)
  at org.ice4j.TransportAddress.equals(TransportAddress.java:181)
  at org.ice4j.ice.Candidate.equals(Candidate.java:276)
  at org.ice4j.ice.Candidate.equals(Candidate.java:288)

···

--
O zi buna,

Kertesz Laszlo

Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Hi Kertesz,

We will look at that.

···

--
Seb

Le 21/07/11 10:21, Kertesz Laszlo a écrit :

I tried calling from Jitsi to a google account that was logged in to the web page (chromium and opera, with the talk plugin set up properly, both browsers same result). Jitsi build 3584 (both computers Debian 32-bit). Computers on separate net connections.

I have all ICE options enabled in Jitsi, but enabling only the Google talk ICE option led to the same results. I have the following codecs enabled - speex, PCMU, G722.

Calling from the web plugin -> jitsi, the call works - from the bandwidth usage, probably with the the PCMU codec (~10 KB up/down).

Calling from jitsi -> web plugin an error message appears - "Failed to create call" with the below detailed error message:

net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Failed to create a call
    at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:374)
    at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:191)
    at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:135)
    at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.call.CallManager$CreateCallThread.run(CallManager.java:1033)
Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError
    at java.net.InetSocketAddress.equals(InetSocketAddress.java:283)
    at org.ice4j.TransportAddress.equalsTransportAddress(TransportAddress.java:203)
    at org.ice4j.TransportAddress.equals(TransportAddress.java:181)
    at org.ice4j.ice.Candidate.equals(Candidate.java:276)
    at org.ice4j.ice.Candidate.equals(Candidate.java:288)

The problem persists in build 3588.

···

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:02:19 +0300, Sebastien Vincent <seb@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hi Kertesz,

We will look at that.

--
Seb

--
O zi buna,

Kertesz Laszlo

Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Hi,

Can you please send the entire logs zip (http://www.jitsi.org/index.php/Documentation/FAQ#logs) ?

···

--
Seb

Le 22/07/11 15:11, Kertesz Laszlo a écrit :

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:02:19 +0300, Sebastien Vincent <seb@jitsi.org> > wrote:

Hi Kertesz,

We will look at that.

--
Seb

The problem persists in build 3588.