How do you feel about more missed call indicators? I have the habit of keeping my contact list (window) closed and I rather have the chat window open more often (if I've chatted with anyone during the day). Yet I have to check the contact list for missed calls even if I'm out of hearing range (wrt the computer) for a few minutes. New chat messages are far easier to notice on OS X because the dock icon bounces. However, missed calls do not cause the same visual alert. I'm thinking that it'd be of help to me if I had any of the following:
- the dock icon bounced for missed calls as well,
- the dock icon was badged with the number of alerts (new chat messages/conversations and/or missed calls),
- the chat window had an indicator that I missed a call from a contact I was chatting with,
- the tray/notification area icon indicated alerts,
- a (permanent) pop-up notification was shown on a missed call.