[jitsi-dev] don't see recorded files in jitsi-meet


#1

When i click the recording button in jitsi-meet and enter token recording button flash-up and nothing going on.

the link for conference is http://dev.cloudinterpreter.com:8901/AncientCreaturesAskEverywhere

i use google chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 (64-bit) on OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2
and for the server:

Description: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Release: 14.04
x86_64

the folder i selected for records is empty.
my sip-communicator file is:

org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.srtp.SRTPCryptoContext.checkReplay=false
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_MEDIA_RECORDING=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.MEDIA_RECORDING_PATH=/home/kosmos/jitsi/recs/
org.jitsi.videobridge.MEDIA_RECORDING_TOKEN=111


#2

When i click the recording button in jitsi-meet and enter token recording button flash-up and nothing going on.

the link for conference is http://dev.cloudinterpreter.com:8901/AncientCreaturesAskEverywhere

i use google chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 (64-bit) on OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2
and for the server:

Description: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Release: 14.04
x86_64

the folder i selected for records is empty.
my sip-communicator file is:

org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.srtp.SRTPCryptoContext.checkReplay=false
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_MEDIA_RECORDING=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.MEDIA_RECORDING_PATH=/home/kosmos/jitsi/recs/
org.jitsi.videobridge.MEDIA_RECORDING_TOKEN=111


#3

This looks correct. Check the videobridge logs for a hint of what is going on -- maybe the user running videobridge doesn't have write permissions for the directory?

Regards,
Boris

···

On 23/02/15 15:59, Yury Lapytsko wrote:

When i click the recording button in jitsi-meet and enter token
recording button flash-up and nothing going on.

the link for conference is
http://dev.cloudinterpreter.com:8901/AncientCreaturesAskEverywhere

i use google chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 (64-bit) on OS X Yosemite
Version 10.10.2
and for the server:

Description:Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Release:14.04
x86_64

the folder i selected for records is empty.
my sip-communicator file is:

org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.srtp.SRTPCryptoContext.checkReplay=false
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_MEDIA_RECORDING=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.MEDIA_RECORDING_PATH=/home/kosmos/jitsi/recs/
org.jitsi.videobridge.MEDIA_RECORDING_TOKEN=111


#4

the directory has write permission, i logged in this user and created file in the dir.
i run jitsi bridge and found this warnings:

18:39:55.657 WARNING: [19] org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.FMJPlugInConfiguration.warn() Codec org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.audio.amrwb.JNIDecoder is NOT successfully registered

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find FFmpeg decoder 0x12001!

18:39:55.660 WARNING: [19] org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.FMJPlugInConfiguration.warn() Codec org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.audio.amrwb.JNIEncoder is NOT successfully registered

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find FFmpeg encoder 0x12001!

if i try to install ffmpeg i see this:

apt-get install ffmpeg
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
ffmpeg is already the newest version.
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  jicofo jitsi-meet-prosody jitsi-videobridge
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 108 not upgraded.

···

On Feb 23, 2015, at 6:21 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 23/02/15 15:59, Yury Lapytsko wrote:

When i click the recording button in jitsi-meet and enter token
recording button flash-up and nothing going on.

the link for conference is
http://dev.cloudinterpreter.com:8901/AncientCreaturesAskEverywhere

i use google chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 (64-bit) on OS X Yosemite
Version 10.10.2
and for the server:

Description:Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Release:14.04
x86_64

the folder i selected for records is empty.
my sip-communicator file is:

org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.srtp.SRTPCryptoContext.checkReplay=false
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_MEDIA_RECORDING=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.MEDIA_RECORDING_PATH=/home/kosmos/jitsi/recs/
org.jitsi.videobridge.MEDIA_RECORDING_TOKEN=111

This looks correct. Check the videobridge logs for a hint of what is going on -- maybe the user running videobridge doesn't have write permissions for the directory?

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#5

These are harmless and you can ignore them. You don't need ffmpeg from the package system, either.

Can you post the whole log file (feel free to remove things for privacy reasons, of course)?

Regards,
Boris

···

On 23/02/15 16:59, Yury Lapytsko wrote:

the directory has write permission, i logged in this user and created
file in the dir.
i run jitsi bridge and found this warnings:

18:39:55.657 WARNING: [19]
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.FMJPlugInConfiguration.warn() Codec
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.audio.amrwb.JNIDecoder is NOT successfully
registered

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find FFmpeg decoder
0x12001!

18:39:55.660 WARNING: [19]
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.FMJPlugInConfiguration.warn() Codec
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.audio.amrwb.JNIEncoder is NOT successfully
registered

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find FFmpeg encoder
0x12001!


#6

this is what i see in linux console:

this is what i see in chrome console:

jitsi-meet-log.txt (68.2 KB)

···

On Feb 23, 2015, at 7:13 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 23/02/15 16:59, Yury Lapytsko wrote:

the directory has write permission, i logged in this user and created
file in the dir.
i run jitsi bridge and found this warnings:

18:39:55.657 WARNING: [19]
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.FMJPlugInConfiguration.warn() Codec
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.audio.amrwb.JNIDecoder is NOT successfully
registered

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find FFmpeg decoder
0x12001!

18:39:55.660 WARNING: [19]
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.FMJPlugInConfiguration.warn() Codec
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.audio.amrwb.JNIEncoder is NOT successfully
registered

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find FFmpeg encoder
0x12001!

These are harmless and you can ignore them. You don't need ffmpeg from the package system, either.

Can you post the whole log file (feel free to remove things for privacy reasons, of course)?

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org <mailto:dev@jitsi.org>
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#7

OK, so the request to start recording doesn't reach videobridge. You should check the jicofo logs next (I should have mentioned earlier, sorry).

Regards,
Boris

···

On 23/02/15 17:26, Yury Lapytsko wrote:

this is what i see in linux console:


#8

relaunched jicofo and it worked, eeee. Appreciate your help!

i see 3 types of files in a recording dir. it is .webm, .mp3 and .json.
The question is how to create 1 video file with sound?

Thank you very much!

···

On Feb 23, 2015, at 7:41 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 23/02/15 17:26, Yury Lapytsko wrote:

this is what i see in linux console:

OK, so the request to start recording doesn't reach videobridge. You should check the jicofo logs next (I should have mentioned earlier, sorry).

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#9

relaunched jicofo and it worked, eeee. Appreciate your help!

Great, I'm glad it worked.

i see 3 types of files in a recording dir. it is .webm, .mp3 and .json.
The question is how to create 1 video file with sound?

You can use our post-processing application for this:
https://github.com/jitsi/jipopro

Regards,
Boris

···

On 23/02/15 18:04, Yury Lapytsko wrote:


#10

wau, cool.

in a chance, maybe you know what does it mean if i click share screen i see a window with an error:
failed to install desctop sharing extension?

how run it?

thanks.

···

On Feb 23, 2015, at 8:10 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 23/02/15 18:04, Yury Lapytsko wrote:

relaunched jicofo and it worked, eeee. Appreciate your help!

Great, I'm glad it worked.

i see 3 types of files in a recording dir. it is .webm, .mp3 and .json.
The question is how to create 1 video file with sound?

You can use our post-processing application for this:
https://github.com/jitsi/jipopro

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#11

followed the readme.md file https://github.com/jitsi/jipopro/blob/master/README.md installed it

i click record button and see a new folder in record folder:

root@v-2-dl15-d427-08:/home/kosmos/jitsi/recs# ls
2015-02-23.21-24-59.c40dc9a4f0ac3052
then i run and see this log:

when i see the directory i see new folders files,but seems like it didn’t create video files.

jitsi-meet-create-recording-file-log.txt (7.43 KB)

···

On Feb 23, 2015, at 8:10 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 23/02/15 18:04, Yury Lapytsko wrote:

relaunched jicofo and it worked, eeee. Appreciate your help!

Great, I'm glad it worked.

i see 3 types of files in a recording dir. it is .webm, .mp3 and .json.
The question is how to create 1 video file with sound?

You can use our post-processing application for this:
https://github.com/jitsi/jipopro

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#12

Hi, please help me with the latest step of recording :slight_smile:

I’ve made a record.
Have a created folder 2015-02-24.11-34-53.5457df34154f0eb4 with .webm, .mp3, .json files
i run script in jipopro folder:

have this logs:

Please help, thanks.

console-log.txt (8.6 KB)

jipopro.log (4.61 KB)

···

On Feb 23, 2015, at 8:10 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 23/02/15 18:04, Yury Lapytsko wrote:

relaunched jicofo and it worked, eeee. Appreciate your help!

Great, I'm glad it worked.

i see 3 types of files in a recording dir. it is .webm, .mp3 and .json.
The question is how to create 1 video file with sound?

You can use our post-processing application for this:
https://github.com/jitsi/jipopro

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#13

In order for Chrome to allow an application to use screen sharing, it needs to run as an extension. If you run jitsi-meet on your own domain, first you need to create an extension with that specific domain listed (see here[1]) and then you need to install it in the browsers.

Regards,
Boris

[1] https://github.com/jitsi/jidesha

···

On 23/02/15 18:17, Yury Lapytsko wrote:

what does it mean if i click share screen i see a window with an error:
failed to install desctop sharing extension?