I would like to call a vote for granting commit rights to Danny van Heumen.
Danny started contributing in November 2013 with updating/replacing our IRC
implementation and bug fixes around this:
* Fixed keyword highlighting in the chats, thus preventing a serious
formatting error in the chat window.
* Added argument checks for null value in getExistingChat rooms method in
* Fixed StringIndexOutOfBoundsException in the write panel in the chat room
* Fixed an issue with the autocomplete list of chat participants in chat
room write panel that is not updating.
* Fix to disallow focus on static labels in password dialogs.
* (Not so) basic IRC support.
Over the time his pull requests needed no more attention than simply merging
them and the IRC implementation wants even more attention now that is in the
main repository and will be used by more people.
Some more info:
Danny lives in the Netherlands and has had an interest in computers for as
long as he lives. He turned this passion into a Master's degree in Computer
Sciences from Eindhoven University of Technology and is currently working as
a software developer.
Danny is primarily interested in the design of applications and how to
improve them. The lack of IRC support in Jitsi and curiosity about
concurrent design, multi-threading, multi-processing, and the opportunity to
get some additional practical experience lead him to writing a new IRC
So therefore, according to the procedure described in , I am calling this
vote on granting him commit access on our GitHub repository. Please vote on
[ ] +1 Accept Danny as a committer.
[ ] 0 Does not matter to me.
[ ] -1 Reject Danny as a committer.
Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since
they show the general opinion of the Jitsi community.
 Becoming a Jitsi Committer - https://jitsi.org/commitaccess