[jitsi-dev] Contact list goes blank when remote assistance or remote desktop session disconnects

Anybody else have this issue -this is on a Windows 7 machine, whenever I disconnect my RDP session the contact list goes blank.

Deleting the contactlist.xml file in C:\users\*username of user*\roaming\jitsi and restarting jitsi allows this to repopulate.

Hi Matthew,

We've also experienced the issue and it is indeed related to the remote desktop session and Java Swing (the Java UI framework).

When you connect using remote desktop the Windows theme is disabled in order to prevent unneeded traffic and it appears that if a Java application is running it won't refresh it's look&feel, which will result in some graphic problems, hence the disappearing contact list. It looks like an issue with disabling/enabling themes while a Java application is running. We haven't found a fix for now, we've tried some workarounds, but without success. So the only way to repair is to restart the application. Any ideas or patches are welcome.

Cheers,
Yana

ยทยทยท

On Feb 29, 2012, at 5:58 AM, Matthew Reymond wrote:

Anybody else have this issue -this is on a Windows 7 machine, whenever I disconnect my RDP session the contact list goes blank.

Deleting the contactlist.xml file in C:\users\*username of user*\roaming\jitsi and restarting jitsi allows this to repopulate.