[jitsi-dev] Conference room scaling, MultiBridgeSelector

Hello, guys. We are using jvb to develop scalable conferencing service with a lot of features. We scaled jvb as you described in jicofo documentation, but it does not allow to use multiple bridges for single conference room to balance the bandwidth across multiple servers.
Is there any way to modify singleBridgeSelector to relay participants (single room) between multiple bridges? It will be very cool thing. I was played with BridgeSelector and select random bridge from list, but participants in one room with different bridges cannot hear each others.
I also saw TODO comments in ConferenceImpl, related to multi-bridge relay.
Please, give me the right way, where should I find the possibility to scale the room.
Best regards, Andrey Davydov.

18 июля 2017 г., в 18:03, Андрей Давыдов <webintoit@gmail.com> написал(а):

Hello, guys. We are using jvb to develop scalable conferencing service with a lot of features. We scaled jvb as you described in jicofo documentation, but it does not allow to use multiple bridges for single conference room to balance the bandwidth across multiple servers.
Is there any way to modify singleBridgeSelector to relay participants (single room) between multiple bridges? It will be very cool thing. I was played with BridgeSelector and select random bridge from list, but participants in one room with different bridges cannot hear each others.
Please, give me the right way, where should I find the possibility to scale the room.
Best regards, Andrey Davydov.

Hi Андрей,

18 июля 2017 г., в 18:03, Андрей Давыдов <webintoit@gmail.com <mailto:webintoit@gmail.com>> написал(а):

This is very much work in progress right now. The bridge selector that you see in jicofo is already in master just because we are trying to push things incrementally, but multi-bridge support is not there yet.

We would be very interested to hear about your use case, so that we can take it into account into our design: what are the problems you are trying to solve, are you interested in just scale, do you plan to have all bridges in the same network/region?

I hope that we will have some substantial progress in the next few weeks, and I will try to share the current state of the design and code soon.

Regards,
Boris

···

On 18/07/2017 10:06, Андрей Давыдов wrote: