[jitsi-dev] Changing the default icon for each participant

Hi all!

Is there any way to change the colored face that is displayed for each
participant in the button bar or in the screen image when they do not
have a camera? I would like, for example, to use a silhouette image by
default.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Hi again.

I know that this is not something functional but rather an aesthetic
detail. But if someone can guide me to be able to customize these images
to be displayed, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Daniel

···

On 29/03/17 20:33, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

Is there any way to change the colored face that is displayed for each
participant in the button bar or in the screen image when they do not
have a camera? I would like, for example, to use a silhouette image by
default.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This can be controlled through interface_config.js properties:
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/interface_config.js#L60
RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_PREFIX and RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_SUFFIX.
And these are the default values:
urlPrefix = 'https://api.adorable.io/avatars/200/';
urlSuffix = '.png';

Regards
damencho

···

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas@gmx.net> wrote:

On 29/03/17 20:33, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

Is there any way to change the colored face that is displayed for each
participant in the button bar or in the screen image when they do not
have a camera? I would like, for example, to use a silhouette image by
default.

Thanks in advance.

Hi again.

I know that this is not something functional but rather an aesthetic
detail. But if someone can guide me to be able to customize these images
to be displayed, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Daniel

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

Hi,

Hi, Damian.

This can be controlled through interface_config.js properties:
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/interface_config.js#L60
RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_PREFIX and RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_SUFFIX.
And these are the default values:
urlPrefix = 'https://api.adorable.io/avatars/200/';
urlSuffix = '.png';

I was checking the configuration in interface_config.js and I have both
RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_PREFIX and RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_SUFFIX in "false".

I'm not sure what this behavior translates since apparently all
conference participants are acquiring random avatars from those
available in api.adorable.io.

How can I put the same generic image (for example, a black silhouette on
a white background) for all participants?

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,
Daniel

···

On 07/04/17 12:08, Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

You can put a config
RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_PREFIX="https://yourserver/images/avatar/" and you
need to add a matching location in your web server config that will
return the desired avatar.
The requests will be
https://yourserver/images/avatar/random_string.png, you can add
location match images/avatar/... that will always return your avatar.
Hope this helps.

Cheers
damencho

···

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas@gmx.net> wrote:

On 07/04/17 12:08, Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

Hi, Damian.

This can be controlled through interface_config.js properties:
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/interface_config.js#L60
RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_PREFIX and RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_SUFFIX.
And these are the default values:
urlPrefix = 'https://api.adorable.io/avatars/200/';
urlSuffix = '.png';

I was checking the configuration in interface_config.js and I have both
RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_PREFIX and RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_SUFFIX in "false".

I'm not sure what this behavior translates since apparently all
conference participants are acquiring random avatars from those
available in api.adorable.io.

How can I put the same generic image (for example, a black silhouette on
a white background) for all participants?

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,
Daniel

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

Hi,

Hi, Damian. Sorry for my delay in answering.

You can put a config
RANDOM_AVATAR_URL_PREFIX="https://yourserver/images/avatar/" and you
need to add a matching location in your web server config that will
return the desired avatar.
The requests will be
https://yourserver/images/avatar/random_string.png, you can add
location match images/avatar/... that will always return your avatar.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. I think I've achieved it using this configuration
on Nginx (in addition to the change you mentioned in interface_config.js):

···

On 10/04/17 10:46, Damian Minkov wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    location ~ "^/images/avatar/[a-fA-F0-9]{32}\.jpg$" {
        alias /usr/share/jitsi-meet/images/avatar/silueta.jpg;
    }
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The regular expression I used has worked on all my tests, but if you can
confirm the pattern, it would be better.

Kind regards,
Daniel