[jitsi-dev] CallInfo - Transport

Hey Vincent

I think the call transport info is not accurate:

String preferredTransport = call.getProtocolProvider().getAccountID()
            .getAccountPropertyString(
                ProtocolProviderFactory.PREFERRED_TRANSPORT);

This is only valid if the transport is set manually. But if autodetection is used, there is no preferred transport set. For SIP, the current transport is available from PpsSip.currentRegistrarConnection.getTransport(). But that should obviously be generalized in the PPS interface.

If you're still working on that - sorry for the hurry :slight_smile:

Apart from that, Pps.isSignalingTransportSecure() could be an additional line in the call info.

Regards,
Ingo

Hi Ingo,

Actually this is my fault. I know that this isn't the actual transport, but I've added the preferred transport as an initial effort, with the idea to make the real transport accessible from the outside and replace it with it. I like the idea to make it available through the ProtocolProviderService. Vincent what do you think?

Then we could also put the Pps.isSignalingTransportSecure in brackets after the transport name.

Cheers,
Yana

···

On Feb 27, 2012, at 12:12 AM, Bauersachs Ingo wrote:

Hey Vincent

This is only valid if the transport is set manually. But if autodetection is used, there is no preferred transport set. For SIP, the current transport is available from PpsSip.currentRegistrarConnection.getTransport(). But that should obviously be generalized in the PPS interface.

Apart from that, Pps.isSignalingTransportSecure() could be an additional line in the call info.

Regards,
Ingo

Hi Ingo, all,

The method PPSSipImpl.sipRegistrarConnection.getTransport() works well for proxy automatic configuration (with Registrar or RegistrarLess accounts) and for manually proxy configuration (with Registrar account).

But while testing it for a manually configured proxy with a RegistrarLess account, I had the following mistake:
- The proxy configuration is set to use TCP over SIP (whatever the configuration of the proxy IP address since we are in RegistrarLess mode).
- The PPS.currentRegistrarConnection.getTransport() returns that SIP is used over TCP.
- Wireshark reveals that SIP is used over UDP.

It is only a RegistrarLess problem, but maybe someone here knows how to correct the PPSSipImpl.sipRegistrarConnection.getTransport() to acquire the transport protocol used and not the one configured.

Cheers,
Chenzo

···

On 02/26/2012 11:12 PM, Bauersachs Ingo wrote:

Hey Vincent

Regards,
Ingo

--
Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer
chenzo@jitsi.org http://jitsi.org

Hi Ingo, Yana,

I agree with the idea to make the transport info available via the ProtocolProviderService. I am adding this to my todo list.

Cheers,
Vincent

···

On 02/27/2012 09:20 AM, Yana Stamcheva wrote:

Hi Ingo,

Actually this is my fault. I know that this isn't the actual transport, but I've added the preferred transport as an initial effort, with the idea to make the real transport accessible from the outside and replace it with it. I like the idea to make it available through the ProtocolProviderService. Vincent what do you think?

Then we could also put the Pps.isSignalingTransportSecure in brackets after the transport name.

Cheers,
Yana

On Feb 27, 2012, at 12:12 AM, Bauersachs Ingo wrote:

Hey Vincent

Regards,
Ingo

--
Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer
chenzo@jitsi.org http://jitsi.org

We should probably get rid of the transport indication for registrarless
accounts. It could differ from one call to the next and given that these
are mostly for experimentation we can come back to them some other day.

Emil

···

On 29.02.12 17:46, Vincent Lucas wrote:

Hi Ingo, all,

The method PPSSipImpl.sipRegistrarConnection.getTransport() works well
for proxy automatic configuration (with Registrar or RegistrarLess
accounts) and for manually proxy configuration (with Registrar account).

But while testing it for a manually configured proxy with a
RegistrarLess account, I had the following mistake:
- The proxy configuration is set to use TCP over SIP (whatever the
configuration of the proxy IP address since we are in RegistrarLess mode).
- The PPS.currentRegistrarConnection.getTransport() returns that SIP is
used over TCP.
- Wireshark reveals that SIP is used over UDP.

It is only a RegistrarLess problem, but maybe someone here knows how to
correct the PPSSipImpl.sipRegistrarConnection.getTransport() to acquire
the transport protocol used and not the one configured.

Cheers,
Chenzo

On 02/26/2012 11:12 PM, Bauersachs Ingo wrote:

Hey Vincent

Regards,
Ingo

--
Emil Ivov, Ph.D. 67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead France
Jitsi
emcho@jitsi.org PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org FAX: +33.1.77.62.47.31