[jitsi-dev] Build on OSX


#1

Hi,

When I try to build Jitsi on OSX (by running ant rebuild) getting
error as shown below:

http://pastebin.com/WB1SnarF

My javac version is 1.6.0_15 and ant version is 1.8.2

Any help very much appreciated.

Regards,
Chris


#2

I can not help with OSX but Apple says that
com.apple.eawt.Application.requestUserAttention() is available since
"Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 1, Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 6 - 1.6,
1.5".

Maybe the version of OSX and the JDK used are relevant?

Cheers,
Andreas

···

---

Am 19.06.2011 09:18, schrieb Chris Maciejewski:

Hi,

When I try to build Jitsi on OSX (by running ant rebuild) getting
error as shown below:

http://pastebin.com/WB1SnarF

My javac version is 1.6.0_15 and ant version is 1.8.2

Any help very much appreciated.

Regards,
Chris


#3

OK, upgraded my OSX to 10.6.3 and javac to 1.6.0_16 and now getting
error as below:

http://pastebin.com/SrTP1zwv

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

···

On 19 June 2011 10:17, Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuckartz@ping.de> wrote:

I can not help with OSX but Apple says that
com.apple.eawt.Application.requestUserAttention() is available since
"Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 1, Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 6 - 1.6,
1.5".

Maybe the version of OSX and the JDK used are relevant?

Cheers,
Andreas
---

Am 19.06.2011 09:18, schrieb Chris Maciejewski:

Hi,

When I try to build Jitsi on OSX (by running ant rebuild) getting
error as shown below:

http://pastebin.com/WB1SnarF

My javac version is 1.6.0_15 and ant version is 1.8.2

Any help very much appreciated.

Regards,
Chris


#4

Hi,

I've tried making a clean checkout and running "ant rebuild" and
everything runs without an error. I'm using java 1.6.0._24(latest on
my Macosx 10.6.7), I also tried with java 1.5, works fine also. Seems
some problem with generics, but it is really strange that it compiles
on our machines and giving you that error.
Can you check Application -> Utility -> Java preferenes if you have a
java with greater version to move it at first place and try again or
try any other version you have. If that doesn't help you can try
upgrading the JDK version.

Regards
damencho

···

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Chris Maciejewski <chris@wima.co.uk> wrote:

OK, upgraded my OSX to 10.6.3 and javac to 1.6.0_16 and now getting
error as below:

http://pastebin.com/SrTP1zwv

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

On 19 June 2011 10:17, Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuckartz@ping.de> wrote:

I can not help with OSX but Apple says that
com.apple.eawt.Application.requestUserAttention() is available since
"Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 1, Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 6 - 1.6,
1.5".

Maybe the version of OSX and the JDK used are relevant?

Cheers,
Andreas
---

Am 19.06.2011 09:18, schrieb Chris Maciejewski:

Hi,

When I try to build Jitsi on OSX (by running ant rebuild) getting
error as shown below:

http://pastebin.com/WB1SnarF

My javac version is 1.6.0_15 and ant version is 1.8.2

Any help very much appreciated.

Regards,
Chris


#5

Hi, I was missing Java update 4. Once this has been installed I can
build and run Jitis without problems.

Regards,
Chris

···

On 24 June 2011 10:35, Damian Minkov <damencho@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hi,

I've tried making a clean checkout and running "ant rebuild" and
everything runs without an error. I'm using java 1.6.0._24(latest on
my Macosx 10.6.7), I also tried with java 1.5, works fine also. Seems
some problem with generics, but it is really strange that it compiles
on our machines and giving you that error.
Can you check Application -> Utility -> Java preferenes if you have a
java with greater version to move it at first place and try again or
try any other version you have. If that doesn't help you can try
upgrading the JDK version.

Regards
damencho