[jitsi-dev] Bug with Windows installer (3300)

Hello development team,

I'm Bram Wayman, a user of SIP Communicator. I was encouraged to write to this list to report a bug I found in the 3300 build (I'm running Windows XP SP3, 32 bit). When the installer finishes, the program will not run. Instead, it displays an error: "Class does not exist."

On your IRC channel I was helped by a developer who had me check the log file for any exceptions. It only contains this: net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookMAPIHResultException: MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT

My computer has Java 1.6.0.21 installed. I do not use MS Outlook.

In addition, the installer does not seem to want to install to my specified directory, which is different than the default. It appears to install to C:\Program Files\SIP Communicator no matter what I specify.

I hope this report is some help as you continue to develop SIP Communicator! I'm grateful for your work and am impressed by your project.

Merci pour votre travail,
Bram

···

--

Bram Wayman - composer/conductor
http://www.bramwayman.com/

Over the years, I have gained the deepest respect for the impact of great music. If Beethoven mirrors our humanity and desire for transcendence, then for some of us a day without Beethoven's message is a day when we are not fully human.
-- David Dubal

I'm Bram Wayman, a user of SIP Communicator. I was encouraged to write to
this list to report a bug I found in the 3300 build (I'm running Windows XP
SP3, 32 bit). When the installer finishes, the program will not run.
Instead, it displays an error: "Class does not exist."

Could you please manually download and install build 3303 and let us
know whether it fixes the issue?

In addition, the installer does not seem to want to install to my specified
directory, which is different than the default. It appears to install to
C:\Program Files\SIP Communicator no matter what I specify.

Thank you for the report! I'll check it out.

···

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Bram Wayman <bram.wayman@mail.utexas.edu> wrote: