It seems there is a bug which makes Jitsi display SIP Authentication
window on re-transmission.
How to replicate:
1. First we will need three components
a) SIP server (OpenSIPs in my case)
b) router (Linux machine)
c) PC running Jitsi
our test environment needs to be set up as follows:
[Jitis PC] <---> [ router ] <---> [ SIP server ]
All three components can be running on a single machine using
Virtualisation (Virtualbox in my case).
2. Start Jitsi and register it with the SIP server.
3. To make Jitsi retransmit packets run the following commands on the
router to simulate 400ms latency and 50% packet loss:
sudo tc qdisc add dev eth0 root netem delay 400ms
sudo tc qdisc change dev eth0 root netem loss 50%
4. Make Jitsi send PUBLISH packets by changing status few times.
Jitsi retransmits packets only for about 2 seconds and displays SIP
Jitis should continue re-transmission for much longer (4-5 seconds?)
and if unsuccessful display error message in notification area.
1. log file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3182365/jitsi-retrans.log - line
3219 - PUBLISH that caused SIP Authentication window to pop-up
2. pcap file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3182365/jitsi-retrans.pcap -
packet no. 47 - PUBLISH that caused SIP Authentication window to
3. png image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3182365/Jitsi-auth.png - SIP