[jitsi-dev] Apostrophes in the new release

Hi folks,

New release with Gaelic in it, what a pleasant surprise :slight_smile:

Just one minor fly in the ointment. I asked on the list if I could simple use '' for all instances of ' to get around the counting problem and the answer was yes? I think that was wrong because the Gaelic UI now has lots on instances of '' appearing in the release, so I'm guessing I have to remove them all again >.<

But thank you all for your help, nonethless!

Michael

Sorry Michael, this is my fault. Do you have an example at hand so that I can take a look? I'm still pretty sure that it should work with double quotes.

Freundliche Gr眉sse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- Sent from my tablet

路路路

On 08.01.2014, at 02:19, "Michael Bauer" <fios@akerbeltz.org> wrote:

Hi folks,

New release with Gaelic in it, what a pleasant surprise :slight_smile:

Just one minor fly in the ointment. I asked on the list if I could simple use '' for all instances of ' to get around the counting problem and the answer was yes? I think that was wrong because the Gaelic UI now has lots on instances of '' appearing in the release, so I'm guessing I have to remove them all again >.<

But thank you all for your help, nonethless!

Michael

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

Hi Ingo,

Sure - for example under the "General" settings tab, the "Convert numbers to phone numbers" string has an instance of '' - it shows as ''nan but should be 'nan. Also a lot of items in the Events tab.

A minor thing I just spotted - the caps and languages in the manual selection dropdown for the UI language (thank you for including that by the way, such a godsend to languages which have no localized OS!!!) are a bit messy, some start with caps, some without, Scottish Gaelic is showing in English (should be G脿idhlig), Bashkir is also the name of the language in English and shqipe looks wrong for Albanian, I think they may have mistranslated that as an adjective. It just looks a bit unprofessional right now.

Thanks!

Michael

08/01/2014 06:18, sgr矛obh Ingo Bauersachs:

路路路

Sorry Michael, this is my fault. Do you have an example at hand so that I can take a look? I'm still pretty sure that it should work with double quotes.

Freundliche Gr眉sse,
Ingo Bauersachs

Sure - for example under the "General" settings tab, the "Convert
numbers to phone numbers" string has an instance of '' - it shows as
''nan but should be 'nan. Also a lot of items in the Events tab.

Thanks, I'll look at it. Will take some time though.

A minor thing I just spotted - the caps and languages in the manual
selection dropdown for the UI language (thank you for including that by
the way, such a godsend to languages which have no localized OS!!!) are
a bit messy, some start with caps, some without, Scottish Gaelic is
showing in English (should be G脿idhlig), Bashkir is also the name of the
language in English and shqipe looks wrong for Albanian, I think they
may have mistranslated that as an adjective. It just looks a bit
unprofessional right now.

I already explained that previously [1]. All I'm looking into for this dropdown is to include the language name additionally in English (in parentheses) and maybe the percentage of the translation.

Thanks!
Michael

[1] http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/dev/2013-November/018768.html

08/01/2014 12:28, sgr矛obh Ingo Bauersachs:

Sure, I understand

I already explained that previously [1]. All I'm looking into for this dropdown is to include the language name additionally in English (in parentheses) and maybe the percentage of the translation.

Sorry, my bad, I forgot, my only defense is that I'm running so many projects for Gaelic I sometimes get mixed up.

Michael

08/01/2014 12:28, sgr矛obh Ingo Bauersachs:

Sure, I understand

This is now fixed in the nightlies. This won't help for the current stable of course, but I hope the next release won't take as much time as the last one.

I already explained that previously [1]. All I'm looking into for this
dropdown is to include the language name additionally in English (in
parentheses) and maybe the percentage of the translation.

Sorry, my bad, I forgot, my only defense is that I'm running so many
projects for Gaelic I sometimes get mixed up.

The language selection dropdown now shows 3 columns:
- Language name in the current UI language
- Language name in its own language (if translated in Java)
- Percentage of the translation

Michael

Ingo

12/01/2014 14:54, sgr矛obh Ingo Bauersachs:

This is now fixed in the nightlies. This won't help for the current stable of course, but I hope the next release won't take as much time as the last one.

That was fast, thanks!

The language selection dropdown now shows 3 columns: - Language name in the current UI language - Language name in its own language (if translated in Java) - Percentage of the translation

That's also good news, thanks again!

Michael