[jitsi-dev] Anyone having any luck compiling and running current master branch?

I am a beginner at compiling on Windows. It took me a week to get jitsi 32bit to successfully compile but now I cannot get it to run on Windows 10 64bit.

Looking at the folders that are installed on windows compared to the precompiled version of Jitsi, I see that the jvm folder is not created. I have the jvm.exe and jvm.zip location setup correctly in jitsi source files. Don't see any errors when building.

Also there are a bunch of missing dll files. I suspect those are extra libraries I have to add separately so that may not be a problem.

Are there any comprehensive windows compile and run guides anywhere that work for the current version of Jisti on master branch on github? I an currently using Eclipse + ant+ mingw. All current stable versions. I have triple checked all the existing install guides and settings and tried various permutations. Have also scanned the dev and user lists.

I see jitsi nightly builds which I have verified do install and work so the Jistsi devs clearly have a working config. How about sharing the details.

Apparently the problem was because I was using JDK v1.8 instead of v1.7.

It might be helpful to others if there were some some notes somewhere included with the code saying Jitsi doesn't work on Java v1.8.

ยทยทยท

On 23/02/16 9:19 AM, canuck15 wrote:

I am a beginner at compiling on Windows. It took me a week to get jitsi 32bit to successfully compile but now I cannot get it to run on Windows 10 64bit.

Looking at the folders that are installed on windows compared to the precompiled version of Jitsi, I see that the jvm folder is not created. I have the jvm.exe and jvm.zip location setup correctly in jitsi source files. Don't see any errors when building.

Also there are a bunch of missing dll files. I suspect those are extra libraries I have to add separately so that may not be a problem.

Are there any comprehensive windows compile and run guides anywhere that work for the current version of Jisti on master branch on github? I an currently using Eclipse + ant+ mingw. All current stable versions. I have triple checked all the existing install guides and settings and tried various permutations. Have also scanned the dev and user lists.

I see jitsi nightly builds which I have verified do install and work so the Jistsi devs clearly have a working config. How about sharing the details.