[jitsi-dev] Android voice chat issues


#1

Using the latest Jitsi Android build on a Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet
tonight, I made a call from Jitsi 2.4 on a PC to the tablet (both in
the same house, so on the same WiFi net) and whilst my voice was
received clearly on the tablet, the audio sent from the tablet was
very badly breaking up and basically unitelligible on the PC.

I assume this is something to do with the codec being used on the
tablet, so any tips on what I need to tweak to make it work?

I also tried making/receiving a voice call from/to my Huwai Ascend
G300 phone to the Sero 7 tablet but everytime I tried, it crashed on
the G300 before the call connected. The G300 isn't as powerful as the
Sero 7 but I'm hoping it's still good enough to use for Jitsi voice
chat and that again something just needs adjusting in the settings?

Derek


#2

Hello Derek,

Using the latest Jitsi Android build on a Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet
tonight, I made a call from Jitsi 2.4 on a PC to the tablet (both in
the same house, so on the same WiFi net) and whilst my voice was
received clearly on the tablet, the audio sent from the tablet was
very badly breaking up and basically unitelligible on the PC.

I assume this is something to do with the codec being used on the
tablet, so any tips on what I need to tweak to make it work?

You can try to decrease Opus encoder compleixty. It's in settings->
Opus settings. You can also disable Opus in order to try different
codec(settings->Audio codecs).

I also tried making/receiving a voice call from/to my Huwai Ascend
G300 phone to the Sero 7 tablet but everytime I tried, it crashed on
the G300 before the call connected. The G300 isn't as powerful as the
Sero 7 but I'm hoping it's still good enough to use for Jitsi voice
chat and that again something just needs adjusting in the settings?

Derek

Could you please send the logs from G300 to me, so that I could try to
fix this crash ? This can be done with "Send logs" functionality from
the main options menu.

Best regards,
Pawel

···

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Derek Moss <dmts@stoptheviolence.co.uk> wrote:


#3

You can try to decrease Opus encoder compleixty. It's in settings->
Opus settings. You can also disable Opus in order to try different
codec(settings->Audio codecs).

Hi Pawel

Thanks, I'll try that next time I test.

Could you please send the logs from G300 to me, so that I could try to
fix this crash ? This can be done with "Send logs" functionality from
the main options menu.

Best regards,
Pawel

I'd be happy to. When using "Send logs" with Aquamail though, it
doesn't enter a To e-mail address.. I recall I didn't send the logs on
a couple of occasions in the past because of this and not knowing
where I should send them, so it would be great if there's a way to
have it auto-enter the address. Anyway, please let me know what e-mail
address to send them to and I'll do so.

Just had another weird issue as well on exiting out of Jitsi back to
Home, where it came up "Outgoing call: Conneting with xx" when I
hadn't even touched any of the contacts. This popup faded the Home
screen and Back didn't get rid of it either, so I had to just wait
until it disappeared by itself. It's just done this again about 10mins
later after exiting Jitsi again. Hopefully the logs will show
something about this as well.

Regards
Derek

···

On 11 January 2014 11:42, Paweł Domas <pawel.domas@jitsi.org> wrote:


#4

Hello Derek,

You can try to decrease Opus encoder compleixty. It's in settings->
Opus settings. You can also disable Opus in order to try different
codec(settings->Audio codecs).

Hi Pawel

Thanks, I'll try that next time I test.

Could you please send the logs from G300 to me, so that I could try to
fix this crash ? This can be done with "Send logs" functionality from
the main options menu.

Best regards,
Pawel

I'd be happy to. When using "Send logs" with Aquamail though, it
doesn't enter a To e-mail address.. I recall I didn't send the logs on
a couple of occasions in the past because of this and not knowing
where I should send them, so it would be great if there's a way to
have it auto-enter the address. Anyway, please let me know what e-mail
address to send them to and I'll do so.

Yes, we should probably add some predefined address there. For now you
can just send them to me pawel.domas@jitsi.org.

Just had another weird issue as well on exiting out of Jitsi back to
Home, where it came up "Outgoing call: Conneting with xx" when I
hadn't even touched any of the contacts. This popup faded the Home
screen and Back didn't get rid of it either, so I had to just wait
until it disappeared by itself. It's just done this again about 10mins
later after exiting Jitsi again. Hopefully the logs will show
something about this as well.

Regards
Derek

This dialog is displayed when the call is being created and it
shouldn't happen if the call button hadn't been touched. I'll be
waiting for the logs.

Best regards,
Pawel

···

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Derek Moss <dmts@stoptheviolence.co.uk> wrote:

On 11 January 2014 11:42, Paweł Domas <pawel.domas@jitsi.org> wrote:


#5

Hi Pawel,

Thanks, logs have been sent to you now.

Regards
Derek

···

On 11 January 2014 14:50, Paweł Domas <pawel.domas@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hello Derek,

Yes, we should probably add some predefined address there. For now you
can just send them to me pawel.domas@jitsi.org.

This dialog is displayed when the call is being created and it
shouldn't happen if the call button hadn't been touched. I'll be
waiting for the logs.

Best regards,
Pawel


#6

Hi Derek,

···

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 7:34 PM, Derek Moss <dmts@stoptheviolence.co.uk> wrote:

On 11 January 2014 14:50, Paweł Domas <pawel.domas@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hello Derek,

Yes, we should probably add some predefined address there. For now you
can just send them to me pawel.domas@jitsi.org.

This dialog is displayed when the call is being created and it
shouldn't happen if the call button hadn't been touched. I'll be
waiting for the logs.

Best regards,
Pawel

Hi Pawel,

Thanks, logs have been sent to you now.

Thanks for the logs. The crash should be fixed in .apk number 227.

Best regards,
Pawel


#7

Hi Pawel

Thanks, that's great to hear. I'm glad the logs were helpful.

Regards
Derek

···

On 13 January 2014 09:08, Paweł Domas <pawel.domas@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hi Derek,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 7:34 PM, Derek Moss <dmts@stoptheviolence.co.uk> wrote:

On 11 January 2014 14:50, Paweł Domas <pawel.domas@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hello Derek,

Yes, we should probably add some predefined address there. For now you
can just send them to me pawel.domas@jitsi.org.

This dialog is displayed when the call is being created and it
shouldn't happen if the call button hadn't been touched. I'll be
waiting for the logs.

Best regards,
Pawel

Hi Pawel,

Thanks, logs have been sent to you now.

Thanks for the logs. The crash should be fixed in .apk number 227.

Best regards,
Pawel

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev