[jitsi-dev] An HTML5 user interface for Jitsi

Hi Jitsi dev community,
In your project ideas page you have this "An HTML5 user interface for Jitsi" project that caught my attention, you say that want to use the HTML5 technology instead java swing and for that you recently start the effort to integrate Chromium Embedded Framework. i dont kwon how CEF works but i know about a relative new technology called NW.js (previously known as node-webkit), described in its official website as follows: " NW.js is an app runtime based on Chromium and node.js. You can write native apps in HTML and JavaScript with node-webkit. It also lets you call Node.js modules directly from the DOM and enables a new way of writing native applications with all Web technologies." , and also we can use all the powerfull frameworks existing for the web apps like angular.js, jscapture or similiar.
i think that NW.js could be use to reach the objectives of this project. thoughts?
Regrads, Andarms

Hello Adrian,

ยทยทยท

On 24/02/15 00:01, Adrian Manjarres wrote:

Hi Jitsi dev community,

In your project ideas page you have this "An HTML5 user interface for
Jitsi" project that caught my attention, you say that want to use the
HTML5 technology instead java swing and for that you recently start the
effort to integrate Chromium Embedded Framework. i dont kwon how CEF
works but i know about a relative new technology called NW.js
(previously known as node-webkit), described in its official website as
follows: " NW.js is an app runtime based on |Chromium| and |node.js|.
You can write native apps in HTML and JavaScript with node-webkit. It
also lets you call Node.js modules directly from the DOM and enables a
new way of writing native applications with all Web technologies." , and
also we can use all the powerfull frameworks existing for the web apps
like angular.js, jscapture or similiar.

i think that NW.js could be use to reach the objectives of this
project. thoughts?

This is an interesting idea. However I don't think it will work in our case. Jitsi is written in Java, and we would like to replace the UI, but keep everything else as it is. Thus, we need something which we can use from Java, and CEF is the option that has been chosen/researched the most.

Regards,
Boris