[jitsi-dev] A couple of l10n things

I've just installed the nightly to test the localization for Gaelic (gd) but it's not available in the dropdown and I've checked both the directories under /Program Files and /App Data and I can't see any po or mo files where I could 'cheat'. Since the translation is virtually complete, could someone please add

Gàidhlig

to the dropdown?

In general it would be good if nightlies pulled translations (including partial ones) too, it would allow testing of the translations in context.

I've also noticed that the dropdown is a bit of a mess regarding caps, some have caps, some don't. I'm pretty certain that in a list, all of these should be capitalised.

Cheers,

Michael

I've just installed the nightly to test the localization for Gaelic (gd)
but it's not available in the dropdown and I've checked both the
directories under /Program Files and /App Data and I can't see any po or
mo files where I could 'cheat'. Since the translation is virtually
complete, could someone please add

Gàidhlig

to the dropdown?

Done. I gave you the permission in Pootle to commit the translation yourself in the future:
http://translate.jitsi.org/gd/sip_communicator/ -> Commit all to VCS

In general it would be good if nightlies pulled translations (including
partial ones) too, it would allow testing of the translations in context.

This hasn't been a priority, but once we have the automated import running we can think about this again.

I've also noticed that the dropdown is a bit of a mess regarding caps,
some have caps, some don't. I'm pretty certain that in a list, all of
these should be capitalised.

This list comes directly from Java's Locale.getDisplayLanguage:

" Returns a name for the locale's language that is appropriate for display to the user. If possible, the name returned will be localized according to inLocale. For example, if the locale is fr_FR and inLocale is en_US, getDisplayLanguage() will return "French"; if the locale is en_US and inLocale is fr_FR, getDisplayLanguage() will return "anglais". If the name returned cannot be localized according to inLocale, (say, we don't have a Japanese name for Croatian), this function falls back on the English name, and finally on the ISO code as a last-resort value. If the locale doesn't specify a language, this function returns the empty string."

Cheers,
Michael

Ingo