[jitsi-dev] 2.9.5517-1 Failed to get SIP Factory


#1

I just updated Jitsi on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and get the error below about
"Failed to get SIP Factory"

I've tried renaming the profile directory and starting with a fresh
profile, but it won't add any SIP account.

Is there anything I can do on my end or should I just try to roll back
to an earlier version?

regards,
Lars

$ apt-cache policy jitsi | head -n 5
jitsi:
  Installed: 2.9.5517-1
  Candidate: 2.9.5517-1

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize accountFailed to get
SIP Factory
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRegSummaryPage.commitPage(AccountRegSummaryPage.java:236)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.customcontrols.wizard.WizardController$PageCommitThread.run(WizardController.java:156)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by:
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException:
Failed to initialize accountFailed to get SIP Factory
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.installAccount(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:441)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.signin(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:369)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.signin(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:344)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRegSummaryPage.commitPage(AccountRegSummaryPage.java:192)
  ... 2 more


#2

What was your last working version?
And I'll have a look, in the meantime it's probably best to go back to that previous working version.

Ingo

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- Sent from my tablet

···

On 31.05.2016, at 18:25, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@gmail.com> wrote:

I just updated Jitsi on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and get the error below about
"Failed to get SIP Factory"

I've tried renaming the profile directory and starting with a fresh
profile, but it won't add any SIP account.

Is there anything I can do on my end or should I just try to roll back
to an earlier version?

regards,
Lars

$ apt-cache policy jitsi | head -n 5
jitsi:
Installed: 2.9.5517-1
Candidate: 2.9.5517-1

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize accountFailed to get
SIP Factory
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRegSummaryPage.commitPage(AccountRegSummaryPage.java:236)
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.customcontrols.wizard.WizardController$PageCommitThread.run(WizardController.java:156)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by:
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException:
Failed to initialize accountFailed to get SIP Factory
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.installAccount(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:441)
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.signin(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:369)
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.signin(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:344)
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRegSummaryPage.commitPage(AccountRegSummaryPage.java:192)
   ... 2 more

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#3

Thanks. I had to roll back to 2.9.5515-1 because 2.9.5516-1 seemed to
have the same problem. If it's any help, the initial account wizard
wouldn't let me type anything in 2.9.5516-1 or 2.9.5517-1. Skipping the
initial wizard and going to Tools->Options->Accounts brings up the error
shown in the previous message.

/Lars

···

On 05/31/2016 09:05 PM, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:

What was your last working version?
And I'll have a look, in the meantime it's probably best to go back to that previous working version.

Ingo

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs


#4

Thanks. I had to roll back to 2.9.5515-1 because 2.9.5516-1 seemed to
have the same problem. If it's any help, the initial account wizard
wouldn't let me type anything in 2.9.5516-1 or 2.9.5517-1. Skipping the
initial wizard and going to Tools->Options->Accounts brings up the error
shown in the previous message.

Thanks, fix is committed. You can manually apply it if you don't want to wait for the build, it's really small.

https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi/commit/1a9fec52218d8c1b1f1feb1706d6c06efa8a56a0

/Lars

Ingo


#5

Thanks. I'll try with the nightly. This will be in 2.9.5519-1, I think?

/Lars

···

On 05/31/2016 11:14 PM, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:

Thanks. I had to roll back to 2.9.5515-1 because 2.9.5516-1 seemed to
have the same problem. If it's any help, the initial account wizard
wouldn't let me type anything in 2.9.5516-1 or 2.9.5517-1. Skipping the
initial wizard and going to Tools->Options->Accounts brings up the error
shown in the previous message.

Thanks, fix is committed. You can manually apply it if you don't want to wait for the build, it's really small.

https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi/commit/1a9fec52218d8c1b1f1feb1706d6c06efa8a56a0


#6

5518

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

···

On 01.06.2016, at 08:59, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@gmail.com> wrote:

On 05/31/2016 11:14 PM, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:

Thanks. I had to roll back to 2.9.5515-1 because 2.9.5516-1 seemed to
have the same problem. If it's any help, the initial account wizard
wouldn't let me type anything in 2.9.5516-1 or 2.9.5517-1. Skipping the
initial wizard and going to Tools->Options->Accounts brings up the error
shown in the previous message.

Thanks, fix is committed. You can manually apply it if you don't want to wait for the build, it's really small.

https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi/commit/1a9fec52218d8c1b1f1feb1706d6c06efa8a56a0

Thanks. I'll try with the nightly. This will be in 2.9.5519-1, I think?

/Lars

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#7

Hmm. I get what looks like the same problem with 2.9.5518-1. It won't
find any existing profile and if I remove the .jisti directory and try
anew, the sign in wizard that pops up won't let me enter any accounts.
If I cancel and enter the account info from the Tools->Options->Accounts
menu I still get the error below, "Failed to initialize account" /
"Failed to get SIP Factory".

$ apt-cache policy jitsi | head -n 7
jitsi:
  Installed: 2.9.5518-1
  Candidate: 2.9.5518-1
  Version table:
*** 2.9.5518-1 0
        500 http://download.jitsi.org/nightly/deb/ unstable/ Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

$ lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
Release: 14.04

$ uname -rvm
3.16.0-71-generic #92~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 12 23:31:46 UTC 2016 x86_64

/Lars

Failed to initialize accountFailed to get SIP Factory

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize accountFailed to get
SIP Factory
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRegSummaryPage.commitPage(AccountRegSummaryPage.java:236)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.customcontrols.wizard.WizardController$PageCommitThread.run(WizardController.java:156)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by:
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException:
Failed to initialize accountFailed to get SIP Factory
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.installAccount(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:441)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.signin(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:369)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.signin(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:344)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRegSummaryPage.commitPage(AccountRegSummaryPage.java:192)
  ... 2 more

···

On 06/01/2016 10:04 AM, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:

5518


#8

Hm... 5518 definitely contains the fix. Can you please start jitsi from the cmdline and see if there are other errors (not the alsa_... stuff, thats normal)?

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

···

On 01.06.2016, at 09:20, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@gmail.com> wrote:

On 06/01/2016 10:04 AM, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:
5518

Hmm. I get what looks like the same problem with 2.9.5518-1. It won't
find any existing profile and if I remove the .jisti directory and try
anew, the sign in wizard that pops up won't let me enter any accounts.
If I cancel and enter the account info from the Tools->Options->Accounts
menu I still get the error below, "Failed to initialize account" /
"Failed to get SIP Factory".

$ apt-cache policy jitsi | head -n 7
jitsi:
Installed: 2.9.5518-1
Candidate: 2.9.5518-1
Version table:
*** 2.9.5518-1 0
       500 http://download.jitsi.org/nightly/deb/ unstable/ Packages
       100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

$ lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
Release: 14.04

$ uname -rvm
3.16.0-71-generic #92~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 12 23:31:46 UTC 2016 x86_64

/Lars

Failed to initialize accountFailed to get SIP Factory

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize accountFailed to get
SIP Factory
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRegSummaryPage.commitPage(AccountRegSummaryPage.java:236)
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.customcontrols.wizard.WizardController$PageCommitThread.run(WizardController.java:156)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by:
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException:
Failed to initialize accountFailed to get SIP Factory
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.installAccount(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:441)
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.signin(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:369)
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz.SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.signin(SIPAccountRegistrationWizard.java:344)
   at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRegSummaryPage.commitPage(AccountRegSummaryPage.java:192)
   ... 2 more

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#9

Ok. Skipping the audio and alsa stuff, I get this line:

$ jitsi -d
[snip]
2016-06-01 10:42:54.478 SEVERE: [486]
impl.osdependent.jdic.SystrayServiceJdicImpl.checkInitialized().475
Systray not init

but that's only once I remove the .jitsi directory and get the
unresponsive wizard. If I use the old .jitsi directory, then that line
does not show up in the terminal.

/Lars

···

On 06/01/2016 10:36 AM, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:

Hm... 5518 definitely contains the fix. Can you please start jitsi
from the cmdline and see if there are other errors (not the alsa_...
stuff, thats normal)?