Jitsi Destkop - Couldnt hear AMR codec from Asterisk

Hello,

I already open a issue for Asterisk AMR codec supplier. Jitsi Destkop couldnt translate Amr-WB codec from Asterisk but Micro SIP works perfectly. I found just a little bit difference that is octet-align.

Jitsi Version 2.11.5606

All information is here : https://github.com/traud/asterisk-amr/issues/17

With commit fe0f44a, AMR-WB is not enabled in LibJitsi anymore. Therefore, none of the Nightlies of Jitsi Desktop 2.11 (former SIP Communicator former JsPhone) have AMR-WB enabled currently. Nevertheless, AMR-WB is still listed in the user interface. That is the actual software bug which you are facing. The last version to have AMR-WB was Jitsi Desktop 2.10 (5550). However, the AMR-WB implementation faced two other software bugs, one made my Sangoma Asterisk module incompatible. I was able to fix this in the world of Jitsi: Pull Request #496.

Long story short: You have to build Jitsi Desktop yourself. Below are my steps which should work in Debian derivates like Ubuntu, even in Debian 10 (Buster) and the upcoming Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

sudo apt install build-essential openjdk-8-jdk ant maven libavcodec-extra libavfilter-dev
# optionally (if newer a Java is installed, change to Java 8)
sudo update-alternatives --config javac
sudo update-alternatives --config java
# optionally
rm -rf ~/.m2

cd ~/Downloads    
wget download.jitsi.org/jitsi/nightly/src/jitsi-src-2.11.5623.zip
unzip -q jitsi-src-*.zip
# newer LibJitsi are incompatible
wget download.jitsi.org/libjitsi/src/libjitsi-src-1097.zip
unzip -q libjitsi-src-*.zip
wget github.com/jitsi/jitsi-lgpl-dependencies/archive/master.zip
unzip -q master.zip

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64
cd jitsi-lgpl-dependencies-master
wget github.com/jitsi/jitsi-lgpl-dependencies/pull/9.patch
patch -p1 <./9.patch
wget github.com/jitsi/jitsi-lgpl-dependencies/pull/10.patch
patch -p1 <./10.patch
ant ffmpeg -DskipOpenh264=true
mvn package
cp target/jitsi-lgpl-dependencies-*-SNAPSHOT.jar ../jitsi/lib/installer-exclude/jitsi-lgpl-dependencies-1.1-20180413.215034-4.jar
cd ../libjitsi
wget github.com/jitsi/libjitsi/pull/497.patch
patch -p1 <./497.patch
wget github.com/jitsi/libjitsi/pull/498.patch
patch -p1 <./498.patch
wget github.com/traud/libjitsi/commit/2c5a9d9dccd11e94543fc5f39a9b2454c054ecfb.patch
patch -p1 <./2c5a9d9dccd11e94543fc5f39a9b2454c054ecfb.patch
# optionally (enable the audio codec G.729 as well)
wget github.com/traud/libjitsi/commit/80fd937cd5c3f276b85c62be2de36c326aade46a.patch
patch -p1 <./80fd937cd5c3f276b85c62be2de36c326aade46a.patch
mvn dependency:get -DartifactId=maven-ant-tasks -DgroupId=org.apache.maven -Dversion=2.1.3
ant -lib ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/maven-ant-tasks/2.1.3 make
mvn package -Dmaven.test.skip=true
cp target/libjitsi-*-SNAPSHOT.jar ../jitsi/lib/installer-exclude/libjitsi-1.0-0-gb3296cf.jar
cd ../jitsi
ant make
ant -Dargs="--debug" run

If you need H.264 beside the video codec VP9, just say so. Then, I update the steps above. If you face any issues with the steps above, please, say so. However, if you are on another platform (Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, or another UNIX), you have to create a new thread here in the community to get the steps to build LibJitsi and Jitsi Desktop in general.

The server download.jitsi.org only lists the last ten releases. Therefore now, for LibJitsi build 1097, you have to go for
wget github.com/jitsi/libjitsi/archive/1097.zip
and for the latest source of Jitsi Desktop, go for github.com/jitsi/jitsi/releases.