Jitsi Call routing

I am trying to understand Jitsi.

Is the follwoing possible at all :

I set up Jitsi in a raspPi, I do port forwarding on my router.

I want now, based on some rules, an incoming call will be forwarded to a specific IP in the LAN.

So, if i have 5 devices connected in the LAN (all of which have the same global IP), an incoming video call from outside should be forwarded ( based on some rules) to ONLY one of the devices in the LAN.

Is it at all possible? Some pointers would be nice.

The incoming video from outside comes to the Jitsi server and the jitsi server distributes this video to the local participants through the local network.

Ok, thank you
so i can configure it as such.

Is there a tutorial for this?

You can follow the standart installation steps

Ok. But I do not see anything that explains me how to set up some rules for call forwarding tho.

To elaborate even more, I want that, if an outside User A, calls an inside device B, then the call to be forwarded to device B only. and other devices in the inside network will not know about the call.

There may be some confusion between Jitsi (the messaging tool, a client only software considered as deprecated by the authors), and Jitsi-meet, a server software that aims at … meetings, like its name is implying. With Jitsi-meet there is no idea of ‘calling’. There are rooms and users are joining the rooms.

You could setup 5 rooms and each device would join one of them, but it would not really be calling.

Without any client software (Jitsi-meet is a web only solution) there can’t be a ‘call’. For a call to be received you need a native service to listen to them.

Okey
Imagine I create One room.

Two users join the room, and based on their names (say the name in the contact list i previously saved) - can theses users be moved to two distinct rooms?

Can Jitsi-Videobridge easily be modified to listen to calls ?

Thank you.

Jitsi-meet does meetings, it’s not a switch. When you manage a conference center, you are waiting for people to come to your meeting rooms, you are not ‘routing’ messages from a person to another.

on this page it says :

The client of the conference organizer acts as a video router.

Is this a functionality not supported any more? Because this were, then I could run a conference room 24 x 7 and route the incoming videos to specific devices in the LAN.

That’s referring to SFU. You should read up on it.

What you’re trying to do requires some kind of xmpp protocol handling and directing messaging. The Jitsi desktop app does this (video support could be a challenge), but it’s deprecated and no longer being actively supported by the Jitsi team.

this is about routing of different video resolutions between clients connected to a room to save bandwidth.