Jitsi broken after Debian upgrade - Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

Hi,
I previously had a working installation of Jitsi-meet on my Debian 10 32-bit VPS with 1vCPU and 1GB of RAM. I performed a dist-upgrade the other day and installed the latest version of Jitsi-meet and now if you try to start a meet, it just says “Unfortunately, something went wrong”.
Looking into the logs I get:
jvb.log
OpenJDK Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

Is anyone able to shed some light?
Thanks in advance

First I would suspect RAM. Everything on one machine we recommend 8GB

Hello
I have Exacly the same probleme with 12 Go of ram
Noo idea ?

Thanks for your response. That would confuse me as it had been working fine for weeks on 1GB of RAM before this update, any ideas?

Danyc0,
Did you find a resolution? I have the same issue and have 4GB of RAM. However, only about 500MB free of hard memory, but ~3.5GB free of virtual memory.

I’d like to know what has worked for people before I go order more RAM.

Update: I shutdown another machine and borrowed its memory. Now with 8GB and free -m showing 6756 of free memory, I still get the error of ‘Could not reserve enough space’.

PCL, did you find a resolution for your issue? I have 4GB of RAM, but the only available memory is virtual memory. I’d like to see how others resolved this before I decide to order Ram (not knowing if it might fix the issue).

Update: I shutdown another machine and borrowed its memory. Now with 8GB and free -m showing 6756 of free memory, I still get the error of ‘Could not reserve enough space’.

Hello!
Yes, very happily I have figured it out. For me it’s nothing to do with the amount of RAM installed, I have it working fine once again on 1GB of RAM. The issue for me was that Jitsi now seems to require a 64-bit machine with a 64-bit OS, whilst previously I had a 32-bit OS. Now I have rebuilt my server on 64-bits, it’s back to working as expected. I hope this helps others with this issue,
Cheers

I just experienced this issue on a 64-bit machine with latest Debian build and 32 gig RAM. Any ideas why this is happening?