Jitsi auto authentication

Hello,

First of all thank you for such a nice product, it’s really fantastic.

I am using jitsi on self-hosted instance(aws) and as per need to have some authentication to create a room and to join room as well.

for room creation authentication, i’m using https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo#secure-domain config using prosody and it works fine(as per screen). however what i need it to pass this user/password along with room creation so dont have to put it on the meeting page at the start of meeting.

Is there a way can I achieve this using API?

2 Likes

Hi D_K,
I am also looking for an auto authentication solution.
Found a possible solution that can help you.
Look: How to pass user authentication through jitsi-meet external API

Look too: https://github.com/jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/tokens.md

Greetings, Samuel Peixoto

Thanks Samuel, appreciate your help.

Have seen this thread earlier also, it’s about implementing JWT token; that’s one option if I can’t access prosody authentication over API.

1 Like

Hello, @D_K
Did you manage to find a solution for the Jitsi auto authentication over API?

nope i’m just new to this app so it will be fun to be friend!?

1 Like

I’m trying JWT authentication using public/private key, will share results once done; probably by Monday. I’ve hosted jitsi on personal instance and wants to limit room creation to limited users only, have created basic authentication system as well on the top of it.

Earlier I tried using prosody authentication where we create user in prosody and it’ll ask us user and password to start a meeting. But this is not what I want.

1 Like

Hi D_K.

I tried with cookies and localstorage but it doesn’t work…

I’ll waiting your results

If I understand correctly, I accomplished that by simply passing the prosody id and password to the connect() method. As it turns out, that method accepts an object having id and password properties. Of course, that means the credentials have to be stored somewhere.

Please ,Give some instruction for passing the prosody id and passowrd , I have tried multipal way to pass id and password from url as well as from file .but i failed to pass argments.