Our regular monthly release has just been baked! Among the various
improvements and fixes you will find cool new features such as the
possibility to answer video calls as such (rather than answer with audio
only and only then enable video), global key shortcuts that allow you to
answer, hangup and mute calls even when Jitsi is not the active
application, and many others.
As usual, you can check out the new release by just updating or by visiting:
Following is a list of the most important changes brought by this build:
* Adds support for global shortcuts that allow to answer, hangup and
mute calls even when Jitsi is not the currently active application.
* Adds the possibility to answer video calls with video (rather than
having to answer with audio only and then turn video on).
* Fixes a problem that was causing contacts to be shown multiple times
in the contact list.
* Fixes contact duplication upon reconnection to an XMPP chatroom.
* Fixes tooltips and other popups.
* Fixes problems with the Windows Live (MSN) login.
* Fixes automatic reconnection for XMPP.
* Fixes slow loading of some XMPP contact lists.
* Fixes a problem that was preventing use of Google contacts for Google
Apps accounts with no XMPP SRV records.
* Fixes a problem that was sometimes preventing certain configuration
forms from loading.
* Removes the desktop sharing button from the call dialog in cases where
desktop sharing is not supported by the remote peer.
* Checks the RTP markers produced by the H.264 packetizer for sanity and
enables passing single NAL units for processing.
* Fixes local audio levels after removing a peer in a conf call.
* Fixes a few connectivity problems for GTalk.
* Removes the SMS icon that was wrongly appearing in chatrooms.
Improves DNS management in a preparation for DNSSEC integration.
* Removes architecture warnings during updates of the x86 version on x64
* Adds handling of profile-level-id when negotiating video codecs.
* Isolates notification management into a separate module.
* Numerous other fixes and improvements.
Best regards from the Jitsi dev team!