We are proud to announce that 4 months after our last stable release we
are finally ready with Jitsi 1.0! It would be very hard to summarize all
changes in a few words, so please have a look at the full change list
below. Still things like cross-protocol conf calls, auto-answer, inband
DTMF and DNSSEC will probably catch everyone’s attention.
As usual, you can check out the new release by just updating or by visiting:
Following is a list of the most important changes brought by this version:
* Switches from JMF to FMJ.
* Adds support for cross-protocol conference calls.
* Allow answering incoming calls into an existing conference call.
* Allow merging separate calls into a single conference call.
* Adds traffic class support for SIP/XMPP/RTP audio/RTP video.
* Adds hot plug support for audio devices (new devices can now be
plugged and unplugged even during a call)
* Adds support for DNSSEC
* Adds auto-answer support for SIP and XMPP.
* Adds support for inband DTMF tones.
* Adds basic support for video conferencing (work in progress)
* Shows contact authorization status in contact list (e.g. "Waiting
authorization" and "Not authorized"). Adds support for re-requesting
* Adds detailed call information to the call dialog (including codecs,
ip addresses/ports, loss rates).
* Adds a button to remove current picture: replaces the current avatar
with the default one.
* Implements combined use for SIP and XMPP (CUSAX)
* Adds a button in the Call dialog that allows beginning a chat with our
* Makes it possible to start a desktop sharing session or video call
even if no audio device is present.
* Updates keepalive implementation to detect uplink drops with XMPP via
XEP-0199 XMPP ping.
* Adds default values for global shortcuts (answer, hangup, contactlist
* OTR: disable buttons for contacts without fingerprint. Patch by Jonas
* Fixes numerous Google Talk compatibility issues.
* Updates Felix to 3.2.2
* Uses combined IPv4/IPv6 lookup from NetworkUtils
* Fixes GoogleContacts support for domain without xmpp-client SRV.
* Fixes crashes in the Microsoft Outlook Contacts and Address Book
* Refines the garbage collection-related characteristics of AudioMixer.
* Renames Jabber to XMPP.
* Delivers SystemActivity events in different thread.
* Support for incoming DTMF tones.
* Fixes bug that prevented users from disabling chat history.
* Fixes problem with deleting chars on macosx java 1.5 and handling some
special chars in the written text. Fixes subsequent open of chat history
urls when trying to focus back on the chat conversation by clicking the
mouse on the chat history panel.
* Fixes a problem that was causing the contact list window to disappear
for no apparent reason./li>
* Adds property which can make provisioning mandatory, and if user
cancels application will exit.
* Makes the OTR <authenticate buddy> text clickable (Patch by
Daniel Perren, FHNW)
* Adds printing for provisioning in the logs.
* SIP: Allows configuration of enabled SSL/TLS protocols
* Retrieves discovery info in separate thread and fires event, avoids
blocking initial group creation.
* Fixes duplicate file transfer appearance in chat window.
* Introduces new configuration form that allows using headset keys as
global shortcuts on windows.
* Removes advertising byte stream used for jabber file transfers,
leaving ibb. Changes provisioning debug printing.
* Corrects CC and CSRC fields in RTP header, when the remote Peer sends
* Fix F8 crypto mode and change handling of secret SRTP key data. These
modifications remove unnecessary copying of SRTP key data and overwrite
the key data right after secure state was reached (in ZRTP lib). This
makes it harder to extract secret key data in memory dumps.
* Makes spellcheck dictionaries available through a jitsi server.
* Fixes a problem with loading when dictionary is not available for
download. Fixes double packaging of default dictionaries.
* Numerous other fixes and improvements!
Best regards from the Jitsi dev team!