Jitsi 2.11.5633 SIP video call not working. Sometimes SIP audio call not working

Name : jitsi
Version : 2.11.5633
Release : 2.fc33
Architecture : x86_64
5.12.7-200.fc33.x86_64

SIP video call not working. Sometimes SIP audio call not working.

The problem seems to be that Java uses an old version of ffmpeg?
Are there any plans to correct that?

jitsi-2.11.5633-2.fc33 SIP video call not working. Sometimes SIP audio call not working.

Update problem
Problem.txt (3.1 KB)

This might help.

Thanks, did not help. I searched and did not find that path or location of java.
Best solution for me would be an updated package.

The developers at UnitedRPMs provided an update for packages required by Jitsi. The update went trough OK. There still are error messages in attached log.
jitsi_debug_20210726.txt (60.0 KB)

openjdk version “1.8.0_302”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_302-b08)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.302-b08, mixed mode)

Tested XMPP call and video call and SIP call and video call.
jitsi_debug_20210801.txt (61.0 KB)

while I know less than nothing about Jitsi, something seems very wrong in your setup… You seem to use a 64bits Java and the native libraries for Jitsi are built for 32 bits. This seems strange to say the least, and in fact Java is refusing to load said libraries.

Unless you installed stuff by hand while installing your software (if this is the case you should interrogate yourself as it’s a very bad idea if you don’t understand everything), you have best to ask this question to your packager, while posting the relevant part of your trace:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/lib64/jitsi/lib/native/libunix-java.so: /usr/lib64/jitsi/lib/native/libunix-java.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

@gpatel-fr
5.13.7-100.fc33.x86_64
On 64 bit Fedora 33 vanilla, dnf offers no 32 bit Java.
The packager replied jitsi-2.11.5633-2.fc33 SIP video call not working. Sometimes SIP audio call not working. · Issue #59 · UnitedRPMs/issues · GitHub

try
sudo apt install default-jre:i386
I give absolutely no warranty on this tip :slight_smile: - I don’t use jitsi desktop myself.

@gpatel-fr

That does not work. Fedora uses dnf not apt. No package default-jre:i386 found.

Oops, I forgot about your system.
From what I gather, problem is that your maintainer is building a 64 bits packages for a 64 bits system (Fedora seems to have dropped 32 bits a long time ago), and Java being byte code has no proper architecture, however Jitsi has ‘native’ libraries and these libraries binaries are just copied over by the ‘build’ from your maintainer, but it’s from the wrong directory; for a 64 bits build, these native libraries should be copied from the native/linux-64 directory, not the native/linux directory.
You could try to test further by copying them yourself (GitHub - jitsi/jitsi: Jitsi is an audio/video and chat communicator that supports protocols such as SIP, XMPP/Jabber, IRC and many other useful features.) or report to your maintainer about this mistake.

@gpatel-fr
Does Jitsi require Java 8? Can it be build with Java 11 or 16?

Is this the right?
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.302.b08-0.fc33.x86_64

$ ant rebuild
61 warnings
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
ant rebuild.txt (39.6 KB)

$ ant rebuild run
org.osgi.framework.BundleException
Build does no progress
ant rebuild run.txt (283.5 KB)

I can’t help you with building Jitsi, sorry. I have no experience with building Java software.
What I suggested to you is to ask to the maintainer to fix the package, because I now think it’s incorrect. Well the result is incorrect and it’s obvious why, but unfortunately I have zero experience with building rpm package so can’t help with a fix.