Jigasi transcription works randomly (jicofo double invite?)

hi,

i am trying to use jigasi as transcription service, but sometimes it connects and sometime not!! i am using cc button on web client to joining jigasi (not calling jitsi_meet_transcribe)
somewhere i read something like jicofo send two invitation and jigasi should config to ignore one, anyone has any idea about this?

my jigasi is inside a docker, and other components (jicofo prosody …) installed by apt
i attached jigosi config and jigasi log in success connection and failed connection.

thanks for your help

fail.txt (8.5 KB)
success.txt (6.4 KB)
sip_properties_and_env.txt (10.6 KB)

When you click cc button a dial is send to jigasi and this is the moment jigasi is invited to the room with this log message Jigasi 2021-04-11 19:53:56.026 INFO: [59] org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.CallControl.handleDialIq().195 [ctx=1618170836023669324057] Got dial request null -> jitsi_meet_transcribe room: shortchecksseparatedownwards@conference.[my-domain]

[ctx=1618170836023669324057] Did not received session invite (30000 ms), this means that jicofo did not invite jigasi to the call … that is strange you need to check jicofo logs during this 30 seconds period why it does not send an invite, this is the problem you are facing …

1 Like

hi,

thanks alot for your help :slight_smile:
i attached jicofo and jigasi logs. there is this warning in jicofo:

Jicofo 2021-04-12 15:29:13.488 WARNING: [29] org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConferenceImpl.log() No jingle session yet for capableexamsstarefortunately@conference.[my-domain]/2ae77e5c

i think sometimes two jigasi transcription StreamingSession starts for one participant. i remember in some thread you suggest a config to prevent double invite or something like this. what was that config?

thank you

fail_jicofo.txt (9.1 KB) fail_jigasi.txt (6.1 KB)

I cannot recall such thing… If to requests reach jigasi you will see “Got dial request” for that meeting twice …

Do you repro this everytime or just from time to time?

sometimes jigasi connects without any problem. (as i sent logs in first post)
sometimes jigasi dose not connects.
when jigasi dose not connects correctly. sometimes i see two VoskWebsocketStreamingSession function calls (i don’t have this log now). but this is not my main problem. in about 30 percent of calls jigasi dose not connects, like i sent logs in prev post :frowning:

Which version of jicofo is this?
Can you update and try with latest from testing repo? (there are the new stable release candidates)

jicofo/unstable 1.0-740-1 all [upgradable from: 1.0-692-hf-1]

That is interesting …

Thanks @Boris_Grozev helped me find something, I was not looking at the logs after jigasi leaving.
So seems something is making jigasi spend 60 seconds harvestering candidates … which is srange:

Jigasi 2021-04-12 15:30:14.291 INFO: [75] impl.protocol.jabber.IceUdpTransportManager.createIceAgent().347 End gathering harvester within 61268 ms

Which was preventing of handling the session-initiate and having the other log about: Did not received session invite.

Can you try adding org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.USE_DEFAULT_STUN_SERVER=false to the jigasi properties file and see how it goes?

1 Like

that dose not help

jicofo.txt (9.1 KB) all_jigasi.txt (60.2 KB)

are these configs important here?? :expressionless:
i didn’t set them and my jigasi docker network is host

JIGASI_PORT_MIN=20000
JIGASI_PORT_MAX=20050

I’m not sure how docker network works … no idea for the moment, it will be useful to have a thread dump during those 30 seconds so we can check where exactly it is blocked and why, but this implies having jdk installed on the image instead of jre … which I’m not sure how easy it is with docker …

Hi Evrybody!

I am interested to give a try to vosk and its implementation but I red that vosk can only to TTS offline or on a audio file.
There is an option I saw on the Vosk website to use streaming audio and to get it transcribed. Am I wrong?
Or is it a limitation of the Vosk for Jigasi implementation?
Thanks and kudos for this integration