Jigasi not working after fresh install

jigasi.log (49.0 KB)
After fresh install of jigasi the following severe errors appear:

2022-05-29 20:19:36.802 SCHWERWIEGEND: [53] impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.connectionClosedOnError().2305 connectionClosedOnError system-shutdown You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core

2022-05-29 20:19:36.809 SCHWERWIEGEND: [53] org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.CallControlMucActivator.leaveCommonRoom().347 net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Provider not connected to jabber server
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Provider not connected to jabber server

The credentials for the SIP connection have been tested with a softphone and prooved to be working.
Are there any suggestions to get jigasi working? Thank you in advance
Toni

Looks like it’s not able to connect to the XMPP server.

thank you for your answer. This I understand. However, how can I resolve the problem? After easy installation jigasi status is active. But the severe errors remain. Kindly give help with a problem solving advice. Thank you.

Hey @toni, when you say it’s not working after a fresh install, do you mean that you had a working configuration before that is now broken or that it’s a new server with a new configuration that you’re trying to setup? If it was working before, what was the Jigasi version that you were running?

Hello, I have had it working months ago, but after an update it failed. So I updated the server to Ubuntu 20.04 and made a fresh installation, which is well working with the same settings as before. Actual version: 1.1-231-gd792d0f-1 amd64.

Do you see any errors if you restart jigasi? Share them. The shutdown error is normal during upgrade where prosody restarts.