Jigasi Multiple SIP accounts

Hi There,

I am working around Jigasi, but I have multiple IPBXs forming a cluster, and I need to configure multiple SIP accounts and do scaling.

I tried to check the docs about that, and I found some topics, but no clear, definitive answers.

Is as 2020 multiple SIP accounts supported on Jigasi?

If not possible, any thoughts on how I can achieve to plug my Asterisk cluster on my Jitsi instance(s)?

No, that is not supported.

Hi @damencho,

Thanks for this concise answer, do you have plans for future support for this feature?

Considering that Jigasi supports only one SIP account, I’m strugling to build a scalable setup since I have an IPBX cluster, any clues or best practices?

Nope, there are no such plans.
Jigasi is a sip gateway, you can have a dedicated PBX and do routing between different servers …

Ok, I was wondering while testing meet.jit.si how are you achieving your load balancing/clustering for the SIP part?

I mean, I doubt that you have only 1 IPBX and 1 jigasi connected to it, how are you achieving the scaling and the failover for thoussands of SIP calls? are you willing to share some informations?

That would be great!

We have multiple jigasi instances connecting with different sip accounts to a voximplant account. Jigasis are in autoscale group and the number of participants hits some threshold we scale up new instance.
And there is a selector service returning the least loaded jigasi username so we can chose it from voximplant code and use that jigasi.

Thanks for the details, it is really appreciated!

If I understand correctly, can I have multiple standalone Jigasi (I’m thinking docker + ECS/K8S) ?

How they connect and distribute the load across my Jitsi nodes? (Again, thinking docker + ECS/K8S)

Any hints on the maximum number of SIP calls that a single Jigasi can take? (I know it depends on the hardware, but if you have any recommendations like “don’t run on more thant 8CPUs, at this point is is worthless”, I’'l take it :slight_smile: )

I’m asking all those questions since I wasn’t able to find answers in the documentation, If I missed something or there are documentation for It I apologise and will read it for sure! :smiley:

Jigasi it depends what is the machine, then are you using mixing or not … on aws c5.xlarge, with just routing, no mixing … I would say no more than 400 participants. So if you have 1 sip call and 20 participants in the meeting … There is a stat you can use, participants corresponding to this number and conferences will be 1 for this sip call.

Ok, I think my use case will involve something like 500+ meeting rooms with few people inside (like 2-3) but that’s a good starting point to know that a C5.XL can handle about 400 participants.

I’m still unsure if I can do a cluster of standalone Jigasi instances along my jitsi instances.
What happens if I try to connecte multiple Jigasi to one Jitsi instance?

The numbers I mentioned are when you use mixing on the sip side, the way we use it using voximplant. Not sure whether your sip side supports multistream support and can do the mixing for you. If jigasi is doing the mixing the numbers will change …

I don’t see a problem here … You can even handle multiple sip calls coming in that join the same conference … these are separate sip calls with separate set of participants … jigasi is just like a regular web client, but it is audio-only and a server component :slight_smile:

Our SIP server supports multiple streams in a somewhat limited fashion, but I get the fact that the load will be higher for the instance that is handling the mixing.

Yes, was already able to have multiple SIP calls inside a meeting but they were from the same Jigasi.

I was wondering if I can run two or more (independant) instances of Jigasi on the same Jitsi, so I will have two SIP accounts on my Jitsi server.

Yep. And you can load-balance between them because those are different users. As I mentioned earlier our selector service works like that … have the number of participants per instance at any time by doing http queries to the stats endpoint and for new incoming sip calls choose least loaded …

Ok, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

I will create a new test bench with those informations in mind and try to build a load balanced installation.

Wish me luck :slight_smile: