Jigasi connection to SIP server times out

Hi,

I have a working docker installation of Jitsi. Now I want to add Jigasi to the mix. For both I am using the official docker-compose files.

But I can’t get Jigasi to connect to my SIP server. When examining the logs, I found that when Jigasi tries to connect, it times out. The docker host VM can ping the SIP server but the Jigasi container cannot. Unfortunately, I am still at the beginning of my docker learning and so I can’t figure out why the connection (or just ping) doesn’t work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Maybe worthwhile clarifying:

This is not a DNS issue. I provided the (local) IP of my SIP server.

And it also should not be a firewall issue, as both the docker host and the SIP server are within the same subnet.

What is the exception you see in jigasi?

By sifting through the logs I find:

2022-12-05 22:33:08.729 INFO: [40] SipGateway.registrationStateChanged#120: REG STATE CHANGE ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl(SIP:81@192.168.1.22) -> RegistrationStateChangeEvent[ oldState=Unregistered; newState=RegistrationState=Registering; userRequest=false; reasonCode=-1; reason=null]

And a bit later:

2022-12-05 22:33:40.859 INFO: [37] SipGateway.registrationStateChanged#120: REG STATE CHANGE ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl(SIP:81@192.168.1.22) -> RegistrationStateChangeEvent[ oldState=Registering; newState=RegistrationState=Connection Failed; userRequest=false; reasonCode=-1; reason=A timeout occurred while trying to connect to the server.]

So Jigasi machine can access 192.168.1.22 5060 via UDP?
You may try doing tcpdump on any of the hops between them, where possible to see where the packets stop …