Jigasi can't install on debian 9 - needs ruby-hocon

Hi, guys.

I can’t get to install jigasi normally on Debian 9 recently. On november 29’s release, a new package was added for it as a depedency, ruby-hocon, but AFAIK that’s a buster package, not a stretch.

In any case, I installed it manually with dpkg, ignoring dependencies, and it’s working fine, or at least seems to. I installed ruby-full and then added the hocon as a gem, but I don’t know if other people will need to do that or not.

It’d just be nice if you could take a look, please? And update the package with the needed dependencies for debian 9.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

That dependency is needed for some of the new config files. That dependency is needed ao it will not go away. Stretch is no longer supported, we try to stick to latest LTS releases.

So you mean we now need to do our new jitsi-meet installs on Buster?

And btw, can’t really make it work. Always gives an error after inserting the number to call.

I’m trying to install november’s release and crossing my fingers, but at this rate I’ll have to just clone an old machine…

There isn’t any way to install a full apt version that is not the latest, huh? I also tried to install the separate dpkgs, but ended up with a 404 error when trying to access the site.

And btw, damencho. Thank you so much for being so dedicated to help the community!

1 Like

Then please, update your docs!

Self-Hosting Guide - Debian/Ubuntu server

Follow these steps for a quick Jitsi-Meet installation on a Debian-based GNU/Linux system. The following distributions are supported out-of-the-box:

• Debian 9 (Stretch) or newer
  • Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) or newer
1 Like

It has been updated: Self-Hosting Guide - Debian/Ubuntu server · Jitsi Meet Handbook

Debian 10 (Buster) or newer
Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) or newer

According to LTS/Using - Debian Wiki, Debian 9 is still an LTS release:

The current LTS version is Debian 9 stretch and will be supported from 2020-07-06 to 2022-06-30.

All released version are LTS in Debian ecosystem. Therefore the latest LTS is the latest stable.