I am running Jitsi with Jigasi and sipgate.de OR Telekom via Asterisk PBX and it is working (at least almost working).
I just want to setup a dial-in configuration.
Can you give me some hints how I can get Jigasi / Asterisk to work with different codecs (HD Voice if possible and ALAW as a fallback option).
What I got so far:
- I can establish HD-Voice via Telekom Account, but don’t know if there’s a fallback to ALAW if the “other end” doesn’t “speak” HD-Voice, is it enough in Asterisk to allow both codecs?
- I can establish ALAW-connection via sipgate (as they don’t support HD-Voice incoming yet)
- When I try to “mix” it together, there’s no audio available (I can still make a connection to the conferences)
- using one single number and have a kind of “intelligence” using the right codec (HD-Voice aka G.722 or ALAW aka G.711a)
- using two different numbers (HD-Voice first dial-in number and ALAW second dial-in number), but I think there will be then 2 jigasi instances, right? But I didn’t find anything how to set up 2 instances (on one server)
Thank you for your ideas!